a Homestar Runner invasion

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don't know how. I don't know why. But they're definitely beginning to crop up all over campus now.

What's next? Eh! Steve!?

Has anyone else spotted these guys?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

What's next? Eh! Steve!?

• Reply 2 of 13
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    No, it's like...

Eh! Steve!

• Reply 3 of 13
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    What is Homestar Runner? Isn't it a cable company or something? And what is 'the cheat'?

• Reply 4 of 13
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    I saw a pickup with a Strongbad sticker on it as I was writing it a ticket. Good times.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I met another person at my school who had heard of that website. This is actually unusual, as I'm one of the four people who aren't computer illiterate at that school.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    At my school it is odd to find someone who is not familiar with homestarrunner.com Our school paper did an article on it a few weeks back because of its popularity. Also, I've begun to notice Trogdor showing up as bathroom graffiti around campus.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

What is Homestar Runner? Isn't it a cable company or something? And what is 'the cheat'?

a humerous website (www.homestarrunner.com). the cheat, trogdor and others are recurring characters in many of the gags.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    There are a bunch of Charterites and Towerites here who have tshirts and sweatshirts from the site. . . . My friend Jeff (Towerite) got to level 102 on the Trogdor game.

Perhaps more funny is that our favorite band from 8th grade, "The Presidents of the USA," came by Tower club last sunday and started making references to Strongbad cartoons. . . and hoagies.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    The Strong Bad e-mails are the funniest

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html
  • Reply 10 of 13
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

The Strong Bad e-mails are the funniest

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html

i first heard about those several months ago, and i was like "i dont get it. it seems kind of stupid." then i turned on the volume. they are damned funny.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

My friend Jeff (Towerite) got to level 102 on the Trogdor game.

It's surprisingly addictive: I got beyond the 20th level on my first go today. Burninate!
  • Reply 12 of 13
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SledgeHammer

At my school it is odd to find someone who is not familiar with homestarrunner.com Our school paper did an article on it a few weeks back because of its popularity. Also, I've begun to notice Trogdor showing up as bathroom graffiti around campus.

My school doesn't have a school paper.

It may be the Bay Area, but go to a pretty poor school. Most people think the internet consists of Yahoo, CandyStand.com, and AIM.

My school sucks.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Trogdor graffiti...hahahah

Strongbad's gotta be the best comedy since...since...I dunno. I think he deserves his own show right up there next to South Park (speaking of which, they re-aired the "Earth the reality show" episode last night; classic stuff. "Can you be a taco that...?")