Jobs' WWDC Keynote is 2 hours long

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just as we figured, the WWDC keynote will be delivered by Steve Jobs. But whereas it was originally scheduled as only a 90 minute session, it's now scheduled for two hours; 10:00 am to Noon PDT (1:00 to 3:00 EDT).

I figure the keynote will look something like this:

* Jobs talks about Music Store progress/status

* Brief overview on iPod sales

* Brief overview on Digital Hub Strategy in relationship to OS X Jaguar

* Full-bore into Pather features

* Release time frame for Panther

* Demonstrate/unveil new hardware (or hint at new hardware strategy)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 76
    nitzernitzer Posts: 115member
    Are they going to stream and / or satellite broadcast this? I imagine it will be a must see show.
  • Reply 2 of 76
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nitzer

Are they going to stream and / or satellite broadcast this?

Almost without a doubt. If they don't someone else will.
  • Reply 3 of 76
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    under everybody's seat will be a dual 970 iTablet running panther lite...either that or a coupon for a grand slam breakfast at denny's....not sure which one, my sources are confused on this isssue....

g
  • Reply 4 of 76
    Oh, DHagan4755 you forgot the Bake-Off and the stroke the press with a cool quote sections.
  • Reply 5 of 76
    o and ao and a Posts: 579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Oh, DHagan4755 you forgot the Bake-Off and the stroke the press with a cool quote sections.

No you made a mistake its not the cool quotes section. Its the RIDICULOUSLY LONG COOL QUOTES SECTION
  • Reply 6 of 76
  • Reply 7 of 76
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Just as we figured, the WWDC keynote will be delivered by Steve Jobs. But whereas it was originally scheduled as only a 90 minute session, it's now scheduled for two hours; 10:00 am to Noon PDT (1:00 to 3:00 EDT).

What do iPods ahve to do with developers? Assuming this is for developers, it would all be app related (I could be wrong). So why the Music Store and iPods?

Seems like Panther demo and it's 64 bitness and any info related that developers might need as well as release, OSX digital hub and thenthe 970. Even then, 2 hours is a long time. Maybe because of the 64 bit thing?
  • Reply 8 of 76
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

I seriously doubt Apple wants developers to mess around with the Music store. Maybe a little hardware development for the iPod, but not too much. The rest sounds good. This does sound promising though....
  • Reply 9 of 76
    Quote:

And some Quark jokes!
  • Reply 10 of 76
    RE: Not mentioning iPods/ITMS. I'll agree, the conference is about developers but lets face it...Steve is a media whore and will plug this and everything Apple every chance he can get. (and lets also be honest, we love this)

He will certainly boast up the new stuff even if it has nada to do with developers.
  • Reply 11 of 76
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    he probably won't go into iTunes or iPods (except maybe briefly or if an iPod is under each chair!)...

open source, yadda yadda...apple is busy writing great apps...you should too, yadda yadda

safari 1.0

iChat 2.0

both part of....Panther 10.3---talk long time

iWorks...talk long time

can get safari 1.0 and iChat 2.0 today...cheers

panther and iWorks by July 4th (how patriotic)...more cheers

one more thing...to be run on 970 PM that is shipping by July 4th.....freaky tall cube PM appears from out of the floor, joined by Saint Ives himself to show it off...along with a commercial with christopher guest dressed as nigel from spinal tap saying, "these go to 11"

g
  • Reply 13 of 76
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

apple.com page on iPod and developers: oh yes

Nice catch! I'm intrigued by this "Museum Mode".
  • Reply 14 of 76
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Wall Street are wetting their suits over iTMS and the press interest in this keynote is going to be really strong. Steve will have to be in ice cool mode not to mention it. These things are becoming like political rallies where the wider audience, not the hall, are the target.

The iTMS presentation was a blast and the most successful for some time so I would expect to see quite a bit of 'Steve Humour' and 'The Phil Schiller Show' plus the usual digs at Quark and Windows.

The really interesting bit will be what formulation they come up with to get to the 970 unveiling:

"We always said that processor clock speed was not the whole story when it came to computer power, and now we're going to prove it... in a big way"
  • Reply 15 of 76
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Nice catch! I'm intrigued by this "Museum Mode".

Oh cool...

Imagine being in a museum, and instead of those silly tape recorders you can rent, you get an iPod. You scroll to the exhibit you're standing in front of, and 'play' gets you not only an audio track, but also written materials as well.

Slick.
  • Reply 16 of 76
    Kickaha that is the same thing I was thinking.

Only problem is... after I visited the Museum they would be 1 iPod short.
  • Reply 17 of 76
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    ...and then you hit the fire exit...
  • Reply 18 of 76
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Oh cool...

Imagine being in a museum, and instead of those silly tape recorders you can rent, you get an iPod. You scroll to the exhibit you're standing in front of, and 'play' gets you not only an audio track, but also written materials as well.

I've been praying for this feature. Individual 'tracks' for each piece of art so you could easily skip or replay anything you want. Different languages, written materials, games while at the museum...oh, sorry about that last one. I love Parachute.

EDIT: Anyone know if the software is open to developers yet? Could a third party company officially make a game or text editor? The iTrip is controlled via the software interface, but did they get special permission from Apple?
  • Reply 19 of 76
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

...along with a commercial with christopher guest dressed as nigel from spinal tap saying, "these go to 11"

no, no. you've got it all wrong, it'll be Crispen Glover saying "My Mac can eat an entire watermellon!"
  • Reply 20 of 76
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

apple.com page on iPod and developers: oh yes

Granted, but our discussion concerns the topic thread mentioning 'sales overview' of the iPod, not developing software for it