"This domain is parked"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've been getting this message pretty frequently recently. On Monday, I had trouble reaching this board, getting an IIS message saying the page could not be found. When I would go to the site root (forums.appleinsider.com), I got a Domainmonger.com page saying the site was parked. I got that on another forum I go to, as well.

That was cleared up until today when I got that message for webmail.mac.com. I tried going through www.mac.com and clicking on the mail link but then I got the page could not by found, served up by another MS IIS server. What's going on? Is anyone else noticing this?

It happened both on my powerbook and this piece of crap dell I'm using. Both from a Dook IP address. BTW, most other domains work fine.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Dunno, do you use a proxy and how is your caching set? It's also possible the ISPs DNS or ARP tables are scragged and need rebuilding (which will automatically happen if it goes belly up)

Good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Dunno, do you use a proxy and how is your caching set? It's also possible the ISPs DNS or ARP tables are scragged and need rebuilding (which will automatically happen if it goes belly up)

Good luck!

I don't know what it's like on this Dell, but my powerbook is set to the defaults for cache and there's no proxy. I can't imagine that Dook's settings would redirect me to a domainmonger.com page, regardless. I'm just really confused. Anyone here on Dook's campus and want to test it out for me?