Long in the tooth

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Anyone else notice how long the homepage of appleinsider has not been updated....

I appreciate this website & enjoy the forums etc..but the latest Apple info on the homepage is April 3rd with Music store coming next month.....hardly insider information. What gives...?

Has someone fallen asleep at the great wheel of cyberspace?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aquafire

Has someone fallen asleep at the great wheel of cyberspace?

noone on these forums anyway...

except maybe neworder.... but thats his right...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    Quote:

..but the latest Apple info on the homepage is April 3rd with Music store coming next month...

Well, to be picky , the latest information is from April 9 and concerns Apple's quiet release builds of Safari v69 and v71.

But really this is only a month without an update: I remember periods before where many, many months would go by without an update.

And as Paul hinted the news stories are unfortunately not controlled by the moderators on this forum. I think if we want to get something done about it we need to go talk to the Wizard of Oz...
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    That's right, we do not control the front end of this site. Your kind and friendly moderators have discussed this extensively, and believe me, we sympathize wholly with your feelings about it. If there were something that we could do, we would do it. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of motivation from the powers that be to update the site. We also do not have any insider information to attempt to contribute.

I know, ironic since this is AppleInsider. Alas, such is life...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Thanx guys..I don't really mean to be a grumble-arse. Its just that I so respect this site as I am sure most ovya do.

I get my latest Apple stuff from Google news as well as http://www.Macosr.com

Speaking of which I wonder how tough it would be to get them ( the owners of appleinsider.com) to link to one of those url's so that such downloads are there for all to see?\
  • Reply 5 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

as well as http://www.Macosr.com