Can any Keynote users tell me about ppt export for use on a PC?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
We are thinking about giving Keynote a try. Most of our presentations are shown on the sales drone's PC laptops.

Do any of you have experience w/Keynot to ppt export? Can you give me any general advice on using Keynote to author presentatoins?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Well, not alot of experiance...but the really cool effects don't seem to translate for me..it could just be me in my potential stupidity or ignorance of the finer details..buuut..that's my take.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That's because the really cool effects are *available* in PowerPoint. They're Keynote only.

But, you can export to a QuickTime movie and retain the nice effects, and the movie will play on a PC just dandy. You lose some navigability, but if you're just making the standard slide A -> slide B -> slide C that 99.99% of all presentations are, it works fine.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Keynote 1.0.2 is supposed to improve PPT importing. Let's hope for the best.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I helped my girlfriend with a Keynote project that she had to show on a PC, and it was ok but a few things didn't work in PowerPoint. One thing was that she had a chunk of text split up into three lines, and she told it to enter by paragraph, and it came on all at once. Another thing was that she had an animated GIF in it that was supposed to come on last and loop forever, it came on instantly and only played once. Other than that it worked fine.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Thanks. These don't sound like huge issues.

I wish there was a way to embed the cool effects so that they could be used in ppt.