Buying advice needed - help me!!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi I'm so glad I've found this board yesterday! Fantastic wealth of knowledge!

I currently use a Graphite iMac for hobby and work. I tryto update my website every now and then, use iTunes and AppleWorks quite a lot. I have a digicam and use iPhoto and occasionally Vectorworks.

For what I do my iMac is perfectly capable.

Due to certain circumstances I have to sell this one one to my parents and I need to buy a new mac now. I'm on a budget so now I wonder:

-eMac with Superdrive + Bluetooth cause it's G4 but desktop?

-iBook 14" with extra ram because sometimes mobility would be VERY useful to me (have to travel a week each month so at the moment I'm without a computer during that week); I thought about adding a Pro keyboard & Mouse to facilitate typing whilst I'm at home.

I could buy a flatscreen later when I've earned more money.

-PBook 12" because it's quite up to date and finances don't really stretch this far; I need to postpone buying a flatscreen for some time so meanwhile I'll be forced to work with the 12" screen.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I don't think you'll have to get an external screen with your next computer (assuming it's a laptop). Even though my iBook's 12" screen is small, I'm completely used to the size and I love it. Also, the 12" screen gives you a 1024x768 resolution, the exact same resolution as an iMac.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    if you can afford it i would get the PB 12

g
  • Reply 3 of 4
    osxaddictosxaddict Posts: 131member
    Get the 12" PB. Screen resolution on it is the same (I'm pretty sure here...don't have one so don't know for sure) as the 14inch iBook. Plus it's a G4, etc etc etc.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    cyclecycle Posts: 187member
    ibook 14" is not an option

the emac is fast and cheap but too heavy

a simple imac is a better deal than a top emac

the 12" disadvantage is its smaller screen

BUT its better better better

just add airport extreme and ram and thats it

go for the 12" powerbook