Help! iBook Hardware Screen Problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've been having this problem for the past few days. I seem to have burnt my wire connecting the display to the motherboard. It works now... but not if it is overheated.

Yes exactly that. It only lets me use it in slots of 15 mins of distance for a total of 30 mins... Then I get these funny black lines flash on the screen and bye bye. Sometimes I can still move the mouse, but clicking doesn't change anything, then I get the everending beachball. Finally the black random small lines start showing up. I THINK its a physical problem b/c moving the screen makes the lines augment and disappear...

Any help... please... I know that the italian Apple people are going to rip me off asking me to replace the whole frigging screen....

Please...

Dale Mox

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    No they are not. Tell them your display connector is damaged and needs replacing.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Does your iBook flash weird patterns of vertical lines that reflect whatever the screen is showing? After a short period of looking all psychadelic like that, does the screen go blank? Has your iBook progressed to the point of not being able to boot? These are the symptoms of a not-uncommon motherboard bug that's bitten several of us on these boards (me twice). If your problem sounds like this, it's a progressive hardware failure, and you need to call Apple for an RMA. Assuming you're still under AppleCare, Apple will take care of it.

But I should say that the "neverending beachball" and exclusively black lines on the screen are not symptoms of the motherboard bug.