Epson 1260 Scanner.. Mom is MAD!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, I've got my mom to switch over to mac, thank god. Now we have bought a scanner and a printer to hook up to her eMac 800. the scanner's software that it came with is only for os9 so i downloaded Twain for OSX.. If anyone has this scanner (epson 1260) please please tell me how to make it work cause i'm sitting here like an idiot with a switcher that is about to switch back!

flick.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

Ok, I've got my mom to switch over to mac, thank god. Now we have bought a scanner and a printer to hook up to her eMac 800. the scanner's software that it came with is only for os9 so i downloaded Twain for OSX.. If anyone has this scanner (epson 1260) please please tell me how to make it work cause i'm sitting here like an idiot with a switcher that is about to switch back!

flick.

Twain is a royal pain in the ass.

Epson's website (click on drivers & downloads then select your product) lists an Epson Scan Utility for OSX and also a Photoshop Plug-in for X.

I'd go with the Photoshop Plug-in if you have Photoshop or Elements on her machine (elements is cheap and well worth it).

Otherwise, try the Epson Scan Utility.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    do you have a link?

she is sitting here watching me do this.. and although very impressed with address book and the wall paper with the Lady bug, I'm going to find my self setting up her PC again in a few minutes if this doesn't work out. I have downloaded the Driver.. if you could post the link to this "Utility I'd be soo happy, and so would she.. right mom? right.

flick.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Sorry, can't post a direct link, it's a &^%&#$%^& dynamic URL kinda site.

Start

HERE

then click DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS on the sidebar.

In the SCANNERS section, click on the EPSON Perfection® Series

Click on Perfection 1260

Scroll down past the Windows software to the Mac software and click on

Scan to File Utility 1.00E

Note the install instructions...

This file contains the EPSON Scan to File Utility and Twain driver (5.71A). To install, double-click on epson10489.sea.hqx then on epson10489.sea. Follow the on-screen instructions to extract epson10489 folder to desktop. Double-click the "Epson Scan to File" Installer to complete the installation.

PS

Have you tried Image Capture? It works on a lot of 3rd party scanners....
  • Reply 4 of 7
    If you get in a pinch, show her Sherlock!

No WAY she'll switch back after a few minutes playing with Movies & Translation

• Reply 5 of 7
    Image capture! Duh..

ok yeah that works great. now if only she had the gear to pour a rusty nail I'd be off to the races.

thanks so much the eMac can stay

flick.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I have this scanner. Photoshop Elements is the best alternative.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    hypatiahypatia Posts: 15member
    Because I haven't upgraded Photoshop to version 7 yet I can only use my Epson scanner if I boot into OS 9. It will not work in Classic mode in the backround of X although I can use Photoshop this way, I have to reboot into 9 for the scanner to work. I think this will be fixed when I get Photoshop 7 but more money!