Nitty Gritty Future Hardware - Prognostication Central

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Realistic Future Hardware Discussion here! Or more bluntly put: The LEAST WE SHOULD EXPECT FROM APPLE through Mac World San Francisco (of course we'd like G5s, SuperDrive PowerBooks), but...the way it looks:

October: New PowerBook G4 models. 800 Mhz and 1GHz, or 867 MHz and 1GHz. 64 MB Graphics. NO SuperDrive. Same pricing.

November: New iBook models. 700 MHz and 800 MHz. 32 MB Graphics. Same pricing.

January: All 17-inch iMac line. 933 low-end. 1 GHz high-end. Lower, aggressive pricing. New 19-inch widescreen display. Lower pricing on all flat-panel displays. Lower pricing on PowerMac G4 towers. NO digital hub device. NO new processors.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I would think the iMac will retain the 15 inch screen on at least the low end model for a while.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Honestly, if portibles were updated between now and MW, I'd been happy. No price cuts or anything. But, having said that, given the choice of minor update to the powerbook now and redesign in MW-NY (or boston, or whatever--you know the one in the summer) or no update now and a redesign for MW-SF, I'd take the MW-SF option.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    [quote]Originally posted by off/lang:

<strong>Honestly, if portibles were updated between now and MW, I'd been happy. No price cuts or anything. But, having said that, given the choice of minor update to the powerbook now and redesign in MW-NY (or boston, or whatever--you know the one in the summer) or no update now and a redesign for MW-SF, I'd take the MW-SF option.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would bank on a redesign coming next summer or the following winter once Apple has a new processor that will work in the PowerBooks. Apple should do a speed bump on the iMacs/iBooks before the christmas shopping season gets in full swing, and the PowerBooks need a bump as well. I'm not optamistic about this happening though.