Calling all Aussies!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm writing a paper for class and I have need of a little info. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name of any reputable computer dealers in Australia; for both Macs and peecees. It doesn't have to be a store that sells both. If you know of a Mac-only store and a peecee-only store that works just fine. If any of these dealers have web-sites that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 2 of 5
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    Thank you!!!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    What about the Apple Centre?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

What about the Apple Centre?

yes it goes under the name Apple Centre

but the URl is

http://www.macmedia.com.au

Don't ask me why, but they're a very reliable mob of Applelites.....

Ps I just checked the site & it is undergoing some redevelopment.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    You seem to not have a good understanding of what an "AppleCentre" is. Since I happen to work for one*, I'll fill you in.

AppleCentres are independent businesses which sell and service Macs. To do this, you need to deal with Apple Australia.

Why? So you can get reseller pricing on Macs and all the other Apple products, and so you have access to channel information, can order BTO Macs, can order service parts for fixing computers, recieve technical and sales assistance from Apple... the list goes on.

Apple sets forth a certain list of requirements (such as what colour paint you use on walls), and if you meet all of them, you are granted AppleCentre status. There is a bit more to it than that, but you get the gist.

Anyway, to sum it up, "AppleCentres" are independant businesses which are authorised Apple resellers and service providers. The two biggest AppleCentres are the NextByte and Mac1 Groups.

Barto

*My deep dark secret is revealed! NOOOOO!