Gotta be the power Windows....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
From Yahoo News

Official Trapped in Car After Computer Fails

Mon May 12, 9:44 AM ET

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Security guards smashed their way into an official limousine with sledgehammers on Monday to rescue Thailand's finance minister after his car's computer failed.

Suchart Jaovisidha and his driver were trapped inside the BMW for more than 10 minutes before guards broke a window. All doors and windows had locked automatically when the computer crashed, and the air-conditioning stopped, officials said.

'We could hardly breathe for over 10 minutes,' Suchart told reporters. 'It took my guard a long time to realize that we really wanted the window smashed so that we could crawl out. It was a harrowing experience.'

Anyone know what OS was involved? I know which one I would guess....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Ahh, the wonderful world of satire
  • Reply 2 of 5
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    BMW iDrive is Microsoft, i remember reading it somewhere.

Oh great so now Gates wants to start killng people eh?

• Reply 3 of 5
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Your not wrong

The iDrive is a totally failed concept. Difficult to control, too many options, and it takes concentration away from the road. People who can afford this car are not nescessarily going to be tech inclinded either. You need a day of training to learn how to use the thing.

Jaguar have got it right with their latest XJ - their view that technology shouldn't ever get in the way of the driving experience, and the new XJ is testament to this.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Just to kick a guy (OK, company) while he's down, I have to say that the iDrive encapsulates everything that's wrong with Microsoft's approach to computers and software: basically way too much crap in one knob. If MS had been there first, we would be using a paddle to type.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Heh, and the funniest thing is....

It's called ..windows

Quote:

... before guards broke a window...

Quote:

...we really wanted the window smashed so that we could crawl out...