Any word on GoLive 7.0?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Perhaps I haven't been following too closely, but I know there have been rumors of fall releases of Photoshop 8 and InDesign 3 but I haven't heard anything on an upgrade of GoLive 6.

My "web development application of choice" has been around since January of 2002. That means it's been around for 17 months, and it's common knowledge that Adobe tends to work in 18-months cycles for major upgrades.

WWDC would be a great place for a release and demo of GoLive 7.0, but it's strange that nothing's been mentioned on the rumor sites anywhere. Adobe's not usually known for being able to keep such a tight lid on things.

Anyone know if a major upgrade is in the works? What I'd most love is the ability to make simple forms in a site without having users to learn all that scripting stuff. Maybe a built-in pdf forms capability?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I love GoLive 6, I have not seen or heard of 7 yet (now that you mention it)

6 is rocking enough, but perhaps there aren't enough users yet to get a new version every year and a half.

For example....think about Appleworks......
  • Reply 2 of 8
    scarecrowscarecrow Posts: 148member
    Well.. I hate to be the bearer of possibly bad news.. but:

I have heard that Adobe is planning on scrapping their entire "web" portfolio, including LiveMotion and GoLive.

They do not sell in any sizeable numbers, are behind the industry standards in macromedia apps, and Adobe feels that it already has the needed "web functions" inside of all its apps now..

The only question left, is what will happen to Image Ready..

LiveMotion has had all of its development team moved to other projects,let go, or have moved onto other companys. I suspect that GoLive dev team is in the same situation as well.

Its sad to see it.. but it appears that Adobe is planning on focusing on its bread and butter.. Print apps..

• Reply 3 of 8
    Originally posted by SCARECROW:

Quote:

Well.. I hate to be the bearer of possibly bad news.. but:

I have heard that Adobe is planning on scrapping their entire "web" portfolio, including LiveMotion and GoLive.

They do not sell in any sizeable numbers, are behind the industry standards in macromedia apps, and Adobe feels that it already has the needed "web functions" inside of all its apps now..

The only question left, is what will happen to Image Ready..

LiveMotion has had all of its development team moved to other projects,let go, or have moved onto other companys. I suspect that GoLive dev team is in the same situation as well.

Its sad to see it.. but it appears that Adobe is planning on focusing on its bread and butter.. Print apps..

If this is true my dad won't be happy to hear it... He uses those programs to make a living basically........ That would really suck if that happened.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    It's true that GoLive hasn't been getting much traction in the marketplace, but I think that's been due to the fact that it hasn't been offering compelling new features.

The grid is nice. But Adobe needs to make it easier to make your own forms (built-in PDF module), calendering/blogging capability and transfer an InDesign publication to the web.

All these can be done already, but the learning curve is steep.

The last point is the reason they can't afford to drop GoLive without introducing something else. Quark 6 has built-in website creation, and they'll use that to hammer InDesign if Adobe drops GoLive.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    GoLive just can't stand a chance to live as long as Dreamweaver is still in the market
  • Reply 6 of 8
    There's always room for competition...I hate monopolies!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    frank777 said:
    There's always room for competition...I hate monopolies!
    Still waiting for GoLive CC2020  B)
  • Reply 8 of 8