SCHWING! My girlfriend just bought this dress...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

But she bought the black version (we like the white, but it's unavailable):

All I can say is "wow". So simple, short but unrevealing (not as short on my girlfriend than on these models), but it just is the perfect bar dress. My girlfriend is not the most gorgeous girl, nor the youngest, but she could easily pick up any guy wearing this dress. And that's the way I like it. I adore her.

Discussion: What's your favorite outfit that your girlfriend or wife wears, indoors, or out? Could be lingirie or whatever really makes you go "my God, she looks good".

I'm so into fashion these days, dresses, shoes, everything except handbags (which bore me) that I should have been gay. I'm almost 32. Is it too late to start a new career as a fashion designer?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Which of them is your gf, the one on right?
  • Reply 2 of 23
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    The black will wear better in the long run...and I think this is a great thread. The missus looks very fetching when she wears her pleather skirt and scoop-neck blouse.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Neither chick in that picture is asian, but that's a very "asian-girl" dress. I think it would look better on girls with more, erm, subtle curves. My gf would probably look damn good in it. My favorite, though, is her skimpy blue sundress with the open, tie-up back. It's juuust short enough and tight enough on her to make my tongue drop. And when she lets her hair down and wears a pair of high-heeled sandals... [drool]. I'm such a sucker for sundresses.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Tonton: Did you miss not having a barbie doll to dress up as a kid
  • Reply 5 of 23
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

My girlfriend is not the most gorgeous girl, nor the youngest, but she could easily pick up any guy wearing this dress. And that's the way I like it.

this statement is so wrong in so many ways

• Reply 6 of 23
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

The dress here is obviously a Guess. The sexiest (but not so practical) dress my girlfriend has is a grey silk Emporio Armani with beaded peek-a-boo sides ALLLLLL the way down, from top to bottom. That's my favorite "event" dress, though we haven't found an event to wear it to yet.

My favorite every-day outfits that she wears are from Sisley (sister company of Benetton) and Mango (an inexpensive Spanish international label). Morgan De Toi is nice, too, but my girlfriend thinks their clothes are usually a little too feminine.

And I scored a coup this month. I finally convinced her to start wearing skirt suits and pumps to work instead of pant suits. It took some effort (believe me, stubborn doesn't begin to describe), but in the end, she's very happy with the result. She still needs a couple more pair of nice pumps, though. Her company doesn't allow employees to wear open-toe shoes to work, and open-toe shoes are the only beautiful shoes she has.

And Towel, thanks for your great contribution to this thread! Sundresses are awesome, aren't they? Thank God for hot weather.

Did I just see a thread where someone was complaining that women spend too much money on clothing and not enough on hardware?
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Quote:

And for those of you who see me as a chauvinist for trying to change her a little, I'm not a chauvinist. To make her know I appreciate her buying that dress, I scrubbed her bathtub with scouring powder and cleaned the bathroom today while she was at work. Hardly something a chauvinist would do, right?

I dunno. Is pussy-whipped considered a valid defense against charges of chauvinism?
  • Reply 8 of 23
    /mandolux//mandolux/ Posts: 648member
    Tonton, I will believe you until you post a picture(s) of your lady wearing the dress in question.

• Reply 9 of 23
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

I finally have a girlfriend who prefers wearing stockings to panty hose (I hate panty hose) and who wears thongs or t-backs whenever it improves her panty-line. I think I'm in love (actually, I am in love).

Amen to all that. Sign #43289 that my gf is the perfect girl? I bought her this skimpy little black stringy-thong thing from VS, just for fun. Now she wants me to buy her a few more because, she says, they're so darn comfy she'd like to wear them all the time.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

Oh... and one thing that drives me nuts...

After so many relationships with women who don't really care, I finally have a girlfriend who prefers wearing stockings to panty hose (I hate panty hose) and who wears thongs or t-backs whenever it improves her panty-line. I think I'm in love (actually, I am in love). Now if only I could get her into higher heels more often...

You listen ZZ Top, don't you? A lot of ZZ Top...

Screed ...Jealous? Mayhaps...
  • Reply 11 of 23
    osxaddictosxaddict Posts: 131member
    I say post a pic of her in the dress
  • Reply 12 of 23
    /mandolux//mandolux/ Posts: 648member
    ...you can always ask her permission to post a picture with her face blurr-out.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

...you can always ask her permission to post a picture with her face blurr-out.

12 hours later it's a mando desktop...

• Reply 14 of 23
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Tonton, Having quickly read through this thread, I'd say while it may be a little late for yyou to start a career as a designer, you're definitely right on time to start your career as a flaming homosexual.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

Tonton, Having quickly read through this thread, I'd say while it may be a little late for yyou to start a career as a designer, you're definitely right on time to start your career as a flaming homosexual.

just because someone appreciates a a women being really feminine and appreciates sexy clothing does not mean he has homosexual desires
  • Reply 16 of 23
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

just because someone appreciates a a women being really feminine and appreciates sexy clothing does not mean he has homosexual desires

no it just means he wants to either get into that clothing, or get into that clothing...
  • Reply 17 of 23
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    ***Click on thread***

***Looks for new images***

***Leaves***

Haha only kidding