Bluetooth not working on 12" PBG4

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
After updating via the control panel to 10.2.6 I noticed the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar had a squiggly line through it. Checking the system preferences, the BT panel was no longer available. Opening the Bluetooth Serial Utility and an alert comes up that says "No Bluetooth Hardware Found". I know that's b.s. b/c the 12" PB comes w/ built-in BT and was working when I got it on 10.2.3. I do not recall if it was working in 10.2.5 but I have read posts from users on other forums w/ identical problems saying that it did not.

I have tried installing the 10.2.6 combo update from Apple's site, booting the BT preference pane directly and no luck. It is obviously a software issue.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Can you downgrade the OS back to the original version? If Bluetooth works then, it probably isn't a hardware issue. Other than that, it may be time to head to an Apple Authorised Repair centre. Do you have any Bluetooth devices to test it with?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    hunnicutthunnicutt Posts: 20member
    I downgraded to 10.2.3 using the software restore disk and...voila! After updating .4, .5 and finally .6 using the combo updates, Bluetooth appears to be back (not to mention everything seems a bit more zippy).

Thanks, now I can get back to shopping for a Sony/Ericsson phone...