***Confirmed***: Apple is doomed

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
At least 26 times in the past ten years

Please join me in a small prayer for the mac. Please let it find rest from its current state of living dead.

http://www.macobserver.com/appledeathknell/index.shtml

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Dooms! I Says!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Certainties: death, taxes and rumours of Apple's demised.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    That's hillarious. The blogger lifted my "analysis" almost verbatim from GEEK.com. Sometimes I flame their mac forum under various names, and almost immediately after they posted the story, I posted a couple of replies (using that exact same logic, but with different names to make it look like people agreed with me! HAHA) Now a "blogger" is using my theory. Hilarious. AI/MacNN must get a lot of friggin hits man. I've even seen my posts repeated almost exactly in print (a couple of times in the mac section of those free computing papers.) And it isn'tjust my ego running amok, either, they used the same point by point arguments, sometimes the same phrases, haha, that's pretty funny stuff. Just think how easy it is to spread misinformation, I love it!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    nah... it's just resting.

feeling shagged after a prolonged squawk
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Well if you mean 'doomed' as in 'Doom 3' you might be right.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Whoa. He's like Jesus x 26.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Speaking of "doomed," this John Dvorak character (of whom I've heard a lot about but never read much written by) had something nice to say about OS X that I thought pretty accurate (found this through the linked website at top of this thread):

Quote:

The most interesting aspect with OS X is the way Apple managed to take a Unix kernel and turn it into a user-friendly OS with a charming desktop and Mac GUI. Curiously, no other company has been able to manage anything like this. The Linux folks are said to have legions of coders whose sheer numbers are supposed to be the big threat to Microsoft, but they have gotten nowhere close to what little ole' Apple has accomplished in the operating system arena. In fact, if you even bring up the issue of Linux as a possible desktop replacement, members of the Linux crowd will almost always tell you that it's not ready. Only the folks at Lindows.com even consider the possibilities. Apparently Apple has done the impossible.

• Reply 8 of 8
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Damn, I thought this was something about Doom III...