Shared search fields?!?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Okay, so I'm in Safari, and I go to the nicely convenient Google search field and enter some terms. Whoo, and hoo, all works great.

I pop over to Project Builder, open a project, bring up the Find panel, and...

The Google terms are in the search field.

Eh?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Something else that's a little strange:

Use the google search field and then hit command-F for Find. Boom! Your search query is there too.

• Reply 2 of 3
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Are we looking at a shared Cocoa instance of a search field object?

Would explain much, and is really rather cool... if I'm going to be doing multiple searches while switching apps, it's *likely* that I'm orienting on one workflow task for the same thing.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i noticed that too. actually, i only really notice it when i lookup dirty sites on the internet, then go back to programming mode. it can be a bit annoying at those times. most of the time, it works well enough that i don't even think about it, it's just there.

i noticed the one that brad mentioned too, but i find that a bit more annoying. when i google, the search string isn't taken as a whole, its broken into words (or phrases) and each searched individually. outside of web searching, theres no other usefulness to that (methinks). so when i throw a bunch of terms together, and they dublicate to other apps, they aren't useful anymore.

overall pretty cool though.