Flash vs. LiveMotion

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So which is better and why?

I haven't used either Macromedia Flash or Adobe Live Motion but I would like to start working with that form of web media. Which would you recommend? What are the downfalls of each app and what are the selling points of one over the other?

I use and am familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator but I'm very willing to incorporating Macromedia into my workflow if it really is a better program than Live Motion.

Should Macromedia Director be an option right now? I do plan on using that for off the web media (enhanced cds and such) eventually but I can get by without it for now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    I've used both and believe that LiveMotion is the better program...

1) The keyframe markers are "live" and easily edited (similar to After Effects) lending to a better workflow if there are changes to your animation. Flash is much more cumbersome and time-consuming to edit.

2) LiveMotion has much better integration with Photoshop and Illustrator.

3) The action scripting is just as powerful as Flash.

4) Similar interface to other Adobe products.

That being said, however...

4) Adobe isn't really focusing much on further development of LiveMotion. In the bundles they offer now, LiveMotion has been replaced with Acrobat.

5) Flash is considered the "DeFacto." Adobe's LiveMotion matured too late to unseat the "King."

Conclusion:

? If you are doing animations for video, use LiveMotion.

? If you are doing work for the web, use Flash.

? If you are concerned about continued support fom Adobe for LiveMotion, use Flash.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    Well Adobe did release LiveMotion 2.0 that adds Mac OS X support so I do not see why they would invest in it if it is vaporware...

(whoa i just used all the two letter i words at once! )