Star Wars Kid

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Here's a link to the story. Anybody else in on this little bit of net culture? I haven't seen the video anywhere, guess I'm not in the loop.

bzzzzz-bzzzzzz-vrrrroooom

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    This reeks of scam, if you ask me.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    thunderpoitthunderpoit Posts: 709member
    so let me get this straight. we embarrased him by watching the video and finding it humorous, and now we are supposed to give him money out of guilt??
  • Reply 3 of 6
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

so let me get this straight. we embarrased him by watching the video and finding it humorous, and now we are supposed to give him money out of guilt??

as i understand it, the video wasn't made for mass consuption. it was supposed to be kept private. you aren't compelled to give him money, unless you feel guilty. the kid didn't want everyone to be gawking and pointing at him.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I haven't seen it either... (hum... makes me doubt their story since I see all this lame crap)

Perhaps by 'claiming' it's popular it will become popular (the self fulfilling prophecy). This worked for beanie babies.. Who knows?

ANYWAY, I won't be watching the video and won't be giving money.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    i saw the video. i didnt feel bad for the kid, he wanted to show the movie to someone, it wasnt for his own personal consumption. let it be...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    got sent the video...

kept waiting for him to smoke himself, or the camera

the "terrible mr. g" tune mentioned at the end of the WIRED story is ROTFLMAO.

threw it into it's own thread