is this the so called " i cam"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Not to shappy. some apple styling and some hardware refinements : ie firewire.

its a panasonic ewear camera but u get the idea

<a href="http://www.panasonic.com.au/e.wear/products/details.cfm?ProductCode=SV-AV10"; target="_blank">http://www.panasonic.com.au/e.wear/products/details.cfm?ProductCode=SV-AV10</a>;

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Are you sure? Maybe he outta start a couple of more threads on it just in case.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I can't imagine Apple releasing anything like this.

It's not so much the styling as the ethos behind it. Is it an MP3 player? a camera? a voice recorder?

If Apple make a device I believe that it will be one thing or another. Merging devices together rarely makes for a good design solution. Sure its a terrific gadget but thats all.

Apple's approach would I think be to take an existing device, rationalize it and approach it from a different angle.

I think Apple want to concentrate on bringing quality devices together via the mac not package sub-quality devices into one product.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    yea, i think its cool but surely not apple. Faaaaasheeeezy
  • Reply 4 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member

[ 10-11-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 8
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    my idea (flesh out mockups if you like... i'm too busy these days):

headset viewfinder, like you see in sci-fi movies and t.v. but what does it record to? why to your ipod on your belt clip via firewire, silly! (there's more than one reason why they put that port on TOP you know... well, that's my story, anyway)

click the center button to start recording... wherever you look, you record. so stupid-simple a chimp could run it. want to quick scrub your video? use the ipod jog dial to scroll forward and back through the video (playing back on your viewfinder of course).

this is, of course, when the ipod has 40 GB or higher capacity. maybe firewire2 as well. bring it back to your computer later, plug it in, and download your clips directly into imovie, while isync puts back any music you deleted to make room for the video.

simple, way cool, and drives sales of an already successful ipod.

[ 10-12-2002: Message edited by: rok ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 8
    This Panasonic eWare has been out for a while now (in the US). I actually bought one about 8 months ago - then decided to sell it on eBay (to someone in the UK). Yeah, it's tiny and cool - but the images aren't as vibrant as my Canon Digital Elph and the movies were just average as well.

So no, this has nothing (at all) to do with Apple.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>

[ 10-11-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

exactly what I wanted to say, too.