iPod: questions about music upload

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ok. so my used but immaculate looking 5 gig-er arrived today. I immediately plugged it in and did a system restore (1.3 iPod updater).

I see that my ipod shows up on the itunes menu.

How do I get it to ONLY transfer the songs I have checked? I tried to drag the library of checked/unchecked songs and it would only transfer the first 747 songs out of 1330.

Is there some easy way to get ONLY the songs I want-since I have almost 8 gigs of music, but room for 5, I want to pick which 5 gigs of music I want.

ie. I have a lot of kids songs and some of my husbands heavy metal that I don't want on MY (:0) ipod. thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    You could do it fully manually... click on the iPod button on the bottom/rightish on the iTunes window and choose the 'manually mange songs and playlists' option.

Don't think that checked/unchecked box next to the song will be considered for transferring ot the iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    chic4macchic4mac Posts: 99member
    is there an easier way to delete songs? I have a bunch of stuff I want gone, and it seems that the only way is to do each one manually. It won't highlight groups of songs that I can delete. thanks
  • Reply 3 of 3
    chic4macchic4mac Posts: 99member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chic4mac

is there an easier way to delete songs? I have a bunch of stuff I want gone, and it seems that the only way is to do each one manually. It won't highlight groups of songs that I can delete. thanks

never mind. I am all set ! thanks