CURIOUS - Is Apples Australian web-site down?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Above says it all

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    It's probably just a SNAFU.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZoranS

Above says it all

Don't worry mate. She'll be Apples soon enough !
  • Reply 3 of 7
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    Hehe.. only way I could check the Apple store last night was to log onto apple.com and then transfer to the Aussie store.

Actually speaking of Apple Australia, I just did a price comparison between AU->US prices at current exchange rates and I found I could by all the products from the US(including customs charges, freight) for a hell of a lot less than here in our own damn country. And that was using the US Apple stores pricing.

I mean s#!t, most of these products are made in OUR PART of the globe.

• Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZoranS

Hehe.. only way I could check the Apple store last night was to log onto apple.com and then transfer to the Aussie store.

Actually speaking of Apple Australia, I just did a price comparison between AU->US prices at current exchange rates and I found I could by all the products from the US(including customs charges, freight) for a hell of a lot less than here in our own damn country. And that was using the US Apple stores pricing.

I mean s#!t, most of these products are made in OUR PART of the globe.

It probably costs as much to ship from China -> Aus as China -> USA.

You did remember to factor in GST (Australia) vs no federal tax (USA), didn't you?

Barto

PS where are you in this freezing city?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Factored in GST for local product and even went to the trouble to make a spreadsheet which allowed me to change the ratio between Australian and US currencies. Seems Apple Australia is moving UP to price points they like in most categories, especially laptops(iBook/Powerbook). Pity as I am re-evaluating buying OS or secondhand, for my wifes first Apple which will be an iBook. Funny that, been a Apple freak for the last year and a half and don't even own one. And to top it off i'm switching my wifey first

Quote:

PS where are you in this freezing city?

Northside in HOLT. Love the environment here in regards to bringing up a family. Work as the sales manager of a car stereo store which has a catchy/annoying jingle in FYSHWICK.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    <plug>When you buy a Mac, be sure to buy from us (Mac1) in Fyshwick!</plug>

Barto
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ROFL... you guys are now the only Mac Dealers in the ACT region. Funny part is a few years ago my wife was offered a job there after she was finishing up as the Office Administrator for Dawn Technologies. Too bad for me that she didn't - I would have surely got a super buy

Actually Barto that brings to mind something I was trying to organise with you guys. I left a msg for the Manager to contact me to see if he/she was interested in ?allowing? us (BDL Car Stereo) to carry/re-sell iPods for you guys. As of late I have been recommending them as a perfect solution to some of my customers MP3 playback needs in-car. Never received a response which methinks is a pity as NO CAR AUDIO MP3 Player has the option available for playlists, opening up a possible market that we are better geared to tackle for that particular target audience.

hmm... now that i think of it I beleive I was the person who made your staff aware of the leaked Time Canada article on the new iMac - and I still own 1 PC and 0 Apples. Probably end up getting 1 iBook, 1 iPod and depending on what comes out in the close future 1 17" iMac.

Catchup to you instore.

Zoran...BDL