For Sale: 15" iMac G4 800 with superdrive

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This is the original top of the line iMac G4 800. Which means it has more features that the current imac G4 800 that Apple sells these days. If you are interested in an iMac with a Superdrive but don't want to spend $1799 on a new one this is the best deal for you. This iMac has all the original stuff including box etc.

15-inch LCD flat screen

800Mhz PowerPC G4

SuperDrive

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX

32MB DDR video memory

512MB SDRAM

60GB Ultra ATA hard drive

10/100BASE-T Ethernet

56K V.92 internal Modem

Apple Pro Speakers

Airport Card included

21 months AppleCare left

I will include a USB Floppy drive if you want it.

The computer has been on my desk for all year and is in great condition. There are no dead pixels or anything wrong with it. In fact I have never even had to send this computer to Apple for repair or even call them up about anything.

I am selling this computer because I am going off to Auburn University in August and need a PowerBook. I can't afford to keep it and buy the PowerBook I want, so I have decided to sell.

The computer is a year old, yet it has more features than the current 15" model priced at USD1,299. Apple sells the Superdrive upgrade on some models of PowerMac/PowerBook for USD200. The airport card costs about USD80 and the extra 256MB RAM costs about USD60. And the AppeCare is worth about USD150.

This makes for USD490 worth of extra stuff compared to the new 15"; however, the imac is a year old. I am currently asking USD1,199, however, feel free to make any offer.

My email is [email protected]. If you are interested email me and I shall send you all the pictures you want. We can discuss payment etc. I would prefer Paypal. I am a registered User so you should feel comfortable with it. But if you don't we can always work something out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    No one interested? I took a lot of pictures, so email me and I'll send them to you. I got pictures of the comp, CDs, Box, Hardware test (passed), and system profiler. If you think the price is to high email me and we can talk. I'm going to give it a week and them put the iMac on ebay. You guys can probably get a better deal than an ebayer.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    grimsongrimson Posts: 108member
    Sounds like a great deal, but I think it's likely that most people at this forum are all set in the computer department. Ebay is probably the way to go.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    oh come on! Doesn't anyone want an iMac to put in the ketchen? well, I shouldn't have any trouble selling on ebay. I'm going to post it on ebay on monday, so if anyone is interested it wouldn't hurt ot go ahead and email me.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Ha...you're in the EXACT boat I'm in, algol (not to mention, you have the same exact iMac model that I do). I, too, am wanting to unload it to help pay for a laptop.

Good luck!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I'm not "set with the right computer" or whatever, but have no money.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Yea, I was going to put it on ebay today. But then I had a few people email saying they were interesed, so I'm going to wait and see what happens first. seriously, if you guys think the price is too high, email me an offer.