Good For Him!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What a nice story to see such a nice man live so long...

Pretty cool.

BBC Link

How long do estimate you may live?

Fellowship

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    enaena Posts: 667member
    Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain.\tIn the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened, and the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low; \tAlso [when] they shall be afraid of [that which is] high, and fears [shall be] in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets: Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Long enough, I hope, to see my children married, but not long enough, I hope, to see them die.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Oh yeah, I want to see grandkids too.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chinney

Oh yeah, I want to see grandkids too.

I think that almost everyone wants to see their children have kids. Pass on the genes!!!!
  • Reply 5 of 18
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

no more than 83 according to the old fortune teller in Macau who read my palms
  • Reply 6 of 18
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    according to one of those death tests done online, i will die 12 july, 2012. 13 july isn't friday (FYI for the supersititious... now mark your iCals).
  • Reply 7 of 18
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    MB

IIRC the Aztec and Mayan prophecy calendars predict the EndoftheWorld for Summer 2012, so you may be in good company
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

MB

IIRC the Aztec and Mayan prophecy calendars predict the EndoftheWorld for Summer 2012, so you may be in good company

2012? I thought they mayan world would end in 2011.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    not long enough
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

not long enough

we are talking about the length of life ...
  • Reply 11 of 18
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    I'm gonna die before I turn 21, I'm thinking 19 or something. For the hell of it.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    In the immortal words or Roger Daltry, "Hope I die before I get 'old'". The trick of course is to define "old"; I see it as I think Roger did -- a state of mind, rather than an age.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Quote:

Fellowship

It couldn't be short enough for me. I'm sooo ready to go, it's ludicrous. Oh, I guess one last thing I'd like to follow through with is to introduced this girl at work to that TrimSpa treatment- that's about it for a "life purpose" for me at the moment. I was thinking maybe I could get lucky and get slain by some drunk driver over Memorial weekend. Yes, that would be splendid, I think.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hey now...don't go saying crap like that. It's only funny until you wind up on Six Feet Under. Then it's really funny. Kidding. Seriously, don't wish that on yourself.

Trust me, I had a very trying week as well but all such things shall pass if ya know what I'm sayin.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    It wasn't meant to be funny. That's how I really feel. 'course my thinking process is generally facetious in a humorous manner.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I don't have delusions of immortality. I won't feel sorry for myself if I die at without hitting the century mark...long before gravity and disappearing telomeres take its toll.

• Reply 17 of 18
    Eeeww! Maybe it is just me, but I only imagine that guy's caption is "Kill me. Kill me, please."
  • Reply 18 of 18
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Randycat99

Eeeww! Maybe it is just me, but I only imagine that guy's caption is "Kill me. Kill me, please."

Yeah, that's why I inlined it. It's not...supposed...to...happen...