Pantani is BACK!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
with new ears and appearently legs too, did anyone else catch stage 12 of the Giro?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I didn't, though it was no surprise to me to hear that Cippolini got off his bike (never got on it actually) yesterday, and then seeing that they were climbing mountains that same day (yes, yes, we get all stages live on television (mostly the last three-four hours, but sometimes full stages to, an entire day of watching cycling, exactly what a bum like myself needs - I do watch all day though, especially when the Tour de France hits the Alps that must be some of the fines cycling of the year, every year).

What I wanted to say, I believe that many here lost their faith in Pantani after he got caught with that hematocrite of 56 (proving the use of EPO, the cyclist's drug) one day before the end of the Giro (which he was winning) two or three years ago. Of course, he did pay for that sin, so we may as well give it a rest. I'll see how it goes, I've been known to pick up supporting cyclists that I thought I'd never be able to look at again without throwing up (think Virenque, Ullrich maybe). He's a fine little fellow, this Pantani. I'm just wondering why he did the ears??? His one feature... I also remember the hostilities he and Lance Armstrong exchanged in the Tour of 2001 or so, which, again, disfavored Pantani in the eyes of many cycling lovers, such as myself. But again, I'll wait and see how it goes. Did he calm down? Is he still the noisy little brat he has always been?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

I do watch all day though, especially when the Tour de France hits the Alps that must be some of the fines cycling of the year, every year

Then you must be a big fan of that klansman Lance Armstrong.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

Then you must be a big fan of that klansman Lance Armstrong.

• Reply 4 of 8
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Why is he a "klansman"?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    wagneritewagnerite Posts: 174member
    i think pantani has learned to calm down a bit especially after the giro of 02 where he was way way way down in the GC. i think he is very popular in europe, but mostly in italy, duh!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Why is he a "klansman"?

It's a private joke referring to an other thread with the word oz in it.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wagnerite

i think he is very popular in europe, but mostly in italy, duh!

Well, he was, especially in his Tour days, when he flew up the Alpe d'Huez at a scorching pace that nobody could keep up with, but he has, I have to repeat, lost a lot of respect when exposed as a doping-taker.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    wagneritewagnerite Posts: 174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

...when he flew up the Alpe d'Huez at a scorching pace that nobody could keep up with...

TDF 98, geez, he did the double that year (TDF and Giro) and that Alpe d'Huez stage was just awesome, Ulrich was in yellow and overweight