This post has been edited at XX:XX

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Just wondering why the indication that a post has been edited suddenly disappeared. I just edited a post of mine, but it showed no indication that the post had been edited. It's a nice little feature, I think.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

Just wondering why the indication that a post has been edited suddenly disappeared. I just edited a post of mine, but it showed no indication that the post had been edited. It's a nice little feature, I think.

i've noticed that if you post and edit (i always forget to spell-check) fairly quickly it won't include edit remark, but if you do it sometime later it will show up.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    it only occurs if the edit happens after a set time frame. if you edit a post 30 seconds after posting it, no notice. if you come back and edit it an hour later, there's a notice.

not sure what the time frame is for the notice though.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    I see, thanks for the explanations. Guess I was to quick on the draw.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    alcimedes is right. We chose to implement this delay to allow users a brief period to correct any quirks or misspelled words or bad grammar quickly without having to append the edited tag.

The timer is set for 5 minutes.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    retrograderetrograde Posts: 503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

alcimedes is right. We chose to implement this delay to allow users a brief period to correct any quirks or misspelled words or bad grammar quickly without having to append the edited tag.

The timer is set for 5 minutes.

I'd just like to say that this feature is one that I noticed almost immediately and one of the new features of the new BB that I really like. I guess I often fire something off quickly and find I need to rush back to edit the spelling or the tags. I like not having to write in any longer *edited for spelling* or what have you.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

You guys are so smart.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    It's a grate fee-char

Especially if you suffer Liz-Dexia......Gives u time to adjust speeling to that of boaring humenz...

• Reply 8 of 8
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Never really noticed the time thing before, but I always wondered why the edited message was kind of sporadic.

That's pretty cool. I wonder if something similar can be done with thread titles?

Damned typos...