Widespred CF problem with no answers.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a powerbook G4 667mhz running OS 10.2.6. I use a compact flash card adapter in my PC card slot quite frequently to download photos with iphoto. It use to be that when I inserted the compact flash card adapter in the computer, it would appear on the desktop right away and iphoto would start up with no problems. Now, when I insert the compact flash card, it freezes my computer all except the mouse for about two or three minutes, then it appears on the desktop and everything is fine. There are a lot of people on Apples support website complaining about this problem but no one, as of yet, has figured out why this is happening? I emailed Viking Components about the problem and they didn't have an answer either. This is driving me crazy since it used to run fine until I upgraded OS X software. Unfortunately, I can't remember what revision but its was somewhere around 10.2.3. Anyone have any answers? Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.

P.S. It doesn't matter what brand of compact flash adapter or card, it happens to all of them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    hmmmm i have a 667 DVI and a CF PC card... it works great... i am running 10.2.6... the brand is SanDisk... dunno...maybe it is your card?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    vikingviking Posts: 127member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

hmmmm i have a 667 DVI and a CF PC card... it works great... i am running 10.2.6... the brand is SanDisk... dunno...maybe it is your card?

Wow, thats good to know. I thought it was the system software. I don't think its the adapter since so many people are having the same problem that I'm having. I tried a different card and it didn't help. Now I'm more confused than ever. Thanks for the reply.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i also have a card reader, it works no problem under 10.2.6