Logitech Wireless Mouse Question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey everyone. I just got a Logitech Cordless Comfort Duo. Here is my problem. I use Maya a lot and a I need a 3 button mouse. Is there any way to configure the scroll wheel button to be the middle mouse button?

I haven't seen the option in the Logitech control center. If I can't I am gonna be bummed! Any help would be great!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    posterboyposterboy Posts: 147member
    On pretty much every new Logitech Mouse I have used, the scroll wheel is a third button, you just press it down to activate.

There should be an option to configure scroll button or something. I'd post a screenshot but I am nowhere near my mouse right now.

--PB
  • Reply 2 of 9
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I actually just figured it out!!

I set it up as ADVANCED CLICK, then to BUTTON 3, which makes it the middle mouse button! Now I can use my mouse in Maya. Now I only wish that I could set it up on a per application level.

Hope they add that at some point.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    It would be nice if OS X recognized it automatically. I won't install Logitech because I have read about issues, and just for a 3rd mouse button it doesn't seem necessary. I really like how plug n play OS X is with devices.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I am actually returning the keyboard in the hopes the the Microsoft one with Intellipoint works. I have to admit that the Microsoft keyboard is much better. I have one at work and it is muuuuuch better.

It has a much higher quality feel to it. The Logitech one just feels like cheap plastic to me.

I hope the MS one works in Jaguar.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    You know, MS mice do have better driver software than Logitech ones. Something to consider. You can change the settings from application to application, and they're not buggy like the Logitech ones. Although I do prefer Logitech's mice, I have found an MS one I like and the software is a lot better.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Well I hooked my new rig up and I AM LOVIN' IT!!

I have to hand it to Microsoft for making a solid keyboard and mouse! This keyboards keys are much quieter and smoother. It also all works with Maya so I am a happy camper tonight. Now I gotta pack the other set up for return to FRYS. God forbid you have to return something there. :/
  • Reply 7 of 9
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    foad, what keyboard did you get?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/ke.../wodp_info.asp

At first I thought that the split keyboard was weird until I was forced to use a friends' for a few hours of coding. I am totally in love with the split keyboard concept. I have much faster at typing now.

On a side note....that Logitech split keyboard sucked so much. It felt sooooo cheap compared to this one. I am much happier now.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Yeah, split keyboards are nice. Have a logitech now, but I think I'll upgrade and let my PC inherit it

I wonder when the MS bluetooth keyboards are going to be compatible with the mac. Looks like a match made in heaven, both design wise and useability wise.

Does anyone know why the bluetooth keyboards can not be used with macs yet ?? And one more thing , when is Apple going to release their bluetooth keyboards and mice ??? Hopefully the new powermacs are going to have a new keyboard and mouse. So, Apple, give us at least TWO buttons this time. I would have thought that the unix guys at least would promote this idea internally.