Keyboard + stand for laptop

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A while ago, not long after I got my iBook, I bought a RoadTools Podium CoolPad for it. I really like the thing, how it achieves multiple purposes by raising the screen, tilting the keyboard (I prefer it although I know many don't), cooling down the machine, making the CD drive not hit the mousepad, and allowing the entire machine to swivel. However, I think it would make more ergonomic sense if I had a full-size keyboard and a stand that raises the screen up to a full desktop-like height. With the CoolPad at maximum tilt, it's just barely high enough. Anyway, I read the thread about Logitech keyboards having nicely labeled Mac keys and I thought maybe I'd get a Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard along with some sort of stand. However, I don't really know which stand to get. Keep in mind that I'm short on the dough so if I can't get both the keyboard and the stand for under $50, I really can't afford this. I've heard the iCurve doesn't fit 12" iBooks very well, that it's too big for them... either way, it's $40 just for the stand so I don't think I can afford that much just for a means of holding the iBook up. Another choice I saw is the MacAlly iceStation, which looks like some sort of adjustable paper holder thing. It looks kinda neat, and it's only $20, but I'm afraid it might be cheap or low quality. Then there's those dome things... man, those are just way too big and expensive, no way I can get one of those. Is there some other, cheap solution I could use? I think I saw one somewhere that was like a sturdied-up version of a book display stand that they use in bookstores and libraries. As far as keyboards are concerned, I was thinking the Logitech Internet Navigator, which is white, has lots of little function buttons and a volume dial, and only costs $30.

Comments