Acrobat 6

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
OK, I have the new Acrobat Reader 6.0. Pretty cool. But who cares...





Question: Does Acrobat Pro 6.0 include Distiller for OS X?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 8
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by dstranathan

    Question: Does Acrobat Pro 6.0 include Distiller for OS X?



    Yes! Why shouldn't it?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 723member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by dstranathan

    Question: Does Acrobat Pro 6.0 include Distiller for OS X?



    You tell me! Any must have prepress, preflight features?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    wait up so I can install it and choose it as a printer unlike 'save as PDF' before with more options and everything? what pre-flight pre-press does it have? I need to know here soon because this could save me a lot of time if it works with Quark 6 and then go to it for my printing. I hate having to do all my layout in 9, and no press I take my work to accepts PDF's out of Indesign.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Oh look...it's Acrobat Sex.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Got it today





    Still works with my 5.0 job options files. Cool



    Lots of PDF/X stuff



    Cool preflight tools too



    Seems faster than 5.0 in OS 9



    Hot folders seem to work well



    Pit Stop Pro 3.0 will work with Acrobat 6.0 I think...



    More news later...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 723member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by dstranathan

    Pit Stop Pro 3.0 will work with Acrobat 6.0 I think



    Been thinking about getting PitStopPro. Is it as useful as I hear. What's your workflow?

    Quark->FlightCheck->PostScript->Distiller->PitStop->
  • Reply 7 of 8
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by fahlman

    Been thinking about getting PitStopPro. Is it as useful as I hear. What's your workflow?

    Quark->FlightCheck->PostScript->Distiller->PitStop->




    Yup, basically Quark->FlightCheck->PostScript->Distiller->PitStop-





    Experimenting with PDF/X1a and PDF/X3
  • Reply 8 of 8
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by dstranathan

    Yup, basically Quark->FlightCheck->PostScript->Distiller->PitStop-





    Experimenting with PDF/X1a and PDF/X3




    Hey, I ambuilding forms today and its great! Wayy better than 5.0 and a lot faster too! Even on a beige G3!
Sign In or Register to comment.