Overthinking ITMS & iTunes for Win?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
iTunes music store is different that iTunes. Correct?

OK good. Now I don't like to nit-pick or look at the very technical aspects of, well, stuff in general, but it seems to me that Jobs keynote and the apple web pages never specifically say that iTunes will be ported for Windows. Leaving the possibility that the iTunes Music Store could be accessed by a 3rd party program. (I think Jobs said something like "we will release a windows version of ITMS later this year") Could that mean a simple plug-in for MUSICMATCH Jukebox Plus (I'm guessing that's kinda how the windows iPod works)?

Maybe I am just blowing smoke, but people are talking about iTunes for windows (not ITMS) and I have not seen any evidence or what that theory is based on.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    the evidence is the Apple job posting for a software engineer to work on "iTunes for Windows"

if that's not all the evidence you need, i don't know what is

besides, what's the point of ITMS without iTunes? it would probably be FAR more work to make MusicMatch work with ITMS than to just port over iTunes.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Well, I never saw evidence supporting iTunes for Win, only ITMS for win. Now I know. This has bugged me to the point of posting a topic. I like the idea of iTunes for win.

And I thought I was special, being the first one to find a loophole. I'll keep trying.8)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    The job is posted here:

http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=17792667

and on Apple's https://jobs.apple.com site.

Quote:

Apple Computer is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design and build one of our newest Consumer Applications, iTunes for Windows.

'Nuf said.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    iTunes for Windows is very real. Very real.