Travel in August Questions - Thailand, Mexico, Indian Ocean...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Due to the recent cancellation of all British owned flights to Kenya (for the foreseeable future), my original plan for my honeymoon this coming August looks likely to be completely off . So, I've been looking at other locations. High on the list are Thailand, Mexico, and some of the islands in the Indian Ocean (Seychelles, Maldives etc). However, from browsing the brouchures, it appears that August is actually quite wet in these locations . Could anyone whose been to any of these locations in August give some feedback on what the climate is like there?

Also, if any location seems like it might not be too bad, any suggestions of where to go and what to do would be welcome . But the main info I'm after at the moment is the climate.

Thanks,

Dave.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    If you don't like the rain then may I suggest Aruba? It's a small island off the coast of South America, very dry , almost desert like, and very very beautiful. Crystal clear water.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Thailand will be very uncomfortable IMO in August for you.

It is HOT and extremely HUMID.... and yes, it is part of the wetter season.

Beautiful place but I don't think I'd want to deal with the heat during that month
  • Reply 3 of 5
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Mexico is best visited in December (when I went) through I would say early may - june, after that its hot and humid and rainy...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Abrey

Also, if any location seems like it might not be too bad, any suggestions of where to go and what to do would be welcome . But the main info I'm after at the moment is the climate

Dave.

In a nutshell..come to the biggest Island of all..

Australia.

We can offer you every type of climate you want .

The barrier reef, tons of islolated islands up north.

Semi tropical..to dry air & not too hot at that time of year.

Big pluses..

We speaka de english..

& we will even warm your beer up for you...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Mauritius.

Madagascar.

Ivory Coast.

Mozambique.