apple store has longer wait for powerbooks

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
there is a 5-7 day wait for a powerbook on the Apple store. Mean anyything for such a dated product?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    It seems to me that Nov 5 is an odd day for new hardware, as it is election day. So, maybe this week?

Dr. L
  • Reply 2 of 6
    elio.elio. Posts: 17member
    [quote]Originally posted by hledgard:

<strong>It seems to me that Nov 5 is an odd day for new hardware, as it is election day. So, maybe this week?

Dr. L</strong><hr></blockquote>

election day? where? humm i do though agree with that Nov 5 is unlikely, where did that day come from?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I have been checking the Apple Store all week and it has always been a 1-2 day wait. For it to change to a 5-7 day wait is significant. Someone told me a while ago to expect new hardware and software on the 31st which I thought was odd since it was Halloween but who knows? The Novemeber 5th date is based on a single distributor who expected PowerBooks in on that date and had not received any in quite a while.

[ 10-27-2002: Message edited by: apple.otaku ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 6
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    The store is down.

Gigahertz TiBooks maybe.

Or just maintenace.

Maybe a superdrive...

Baaah.

MSKR
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Store is down for me too. Probably just an adjustment for daylight savings time. Hardware updates on a Sunday? Not likely.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Usually a sudden change in ship times means either:

There are component shortages (unlikely)

They are stuck on a boat in a harbor on the West Coast (probably were, but most likely unloaded and gone by now)

They are prepping to be updated. (probably)

Anyway, take it to one of the many Powerbook threads.

Thanks.

Bodhi