The amazing folding PowerBook

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Check out <a href="http://www.eetimes.com/sys/news/OEG20021030S0020"; target="_blank">this story</a> about flexible folding screens.

My vision would be of a widescreen ultrathin powerbook that would fold the conventional way (screen on keyboard), but then fold again, like when you fold a paper into quarters. the keyboard would have to be split to do this but with technology like the stuf above it should be possible. Imagine the total package: 9.5" x 6.75" x ~1.5". Subnotebook size with large notebook screen.

Whould anyone be interested in something like this? I don't think I would be the only one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    This should come as no surprise: I would buy anything that was smaller and lighter than my iBook and ran the full OS X in a hearbeat. Realistically, I'm going to fall for a 19" ACD and new PowerMac on Nov. 5 first.

Escher
  • Reply 2 of 2
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by Escher:

<strong>This should come as no surprise: I would buy anything that was smaller and lighter than my iBook and ran the full OS X in a hearbeat. Realistically, I'm going to fall for a 19" ACD and new PowerMac on Nov. 5 first.

Escher</strong><hr></blockquote>

Apple is prone to disappoint recenly. Lets not get our hope too high on Nov 5