iPod Solitare

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
What's the deal with it being 3 card draw? Seriously, is there anyway at all to change it to one? I like parachute and bricks, but solitare is nice too, I just can't play it three card draw, it's almost impossible.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 15
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Isn't that the way its suppose to be played? (with three cards)
  • Reply 2 of 15
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I don't care if that's how it's supposed to be played, it's hard as ****. Has anybody here beaten it, because I've played solitare a lot (I used a PC for like 6 years ) but I can't beat this.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iBrowse

    I don't care if that's how it's supposed to be played, it's hard as ****. Has anybody here beaten it, because I've played solitare a lot (I used a PC for like 6 years ) but I can't beat this.



    Well, I've only palyed solitaire in real life, but not using the three card draw is what my grandmother called "cheating!"...



    Anyway, yes, it's hard, but doable. So unless the ipod solitair does not follow real world rules, I guess you'll be able to beat it eventually.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    I've won twice.



    There is something very wrong with the deck though. The order the cards are in seems to not be right. And I once got "K K 6" when I had 3 kings already on the board. The iPod 2.0 software is very buggy. It's basically still in beta form, it's not even feature complete yet. Where's my note recorder Apple!? And USB 2.0 support!?



    Barto
  • Reply 5 of 15
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Damn it. I am very much going to agree with you that there's something wrong with it, it only draws cards I don't need. And that's not my way of saying it's hard, I'll seriously start a new game and go through the entire deck without having a single move a I can make. I'll start 5 games in a row and flip through the entire deck without having a single move I can make.



    But it absolutely wonderful that this is my only complaint with the beautiful little thing.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    perhaps your iPod just either doesn't like you or thinks you are a loser?? you have to be very careful around your iPod, that is why i never let mine see me naked...i don't want it judging me....



    but some say i have "issues"



    sigh



    g





    ps...anything other than 3 card turn over in solitaire is cheating...so there
  • Reply 7 of 15
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by thegelding

    perhaps your iPod just either doesn't like you or thinks you are a loser?? you have to be very careful around your iPod, that is why i never let mine see me naked...i don't want it judging me....



    but some say i have "issues"



    sigh



    g





    ps...anything other than 3 card turn over in solitaire is cheating...so there




    long time no see g!



    It's actually my girlfriend's, she went out with her aunt, and returned with a 10 Gig... I'm so jealous, and pinching those pennies. It's been odd not having you in AO for so long, almost boring. Stuff's settled down quite a bit, ever think about coming back? Oh, and I'll play my solitaire any way I like. If it lets me...
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Wow iBrowse..sounds horrible..I have a hard time playing 3 card too. But again, its on the ipod..and either way gotta love it!
  • Reply 9 of 15
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Are Apple programmers the only ones who can make games for the iPod? Just wondering. \
  • Reply 10 of 15
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I'm sure you could make one, but I don't have any idea how you would get it in/recognized by the system on it. But wasn't somebody running some kind of iPod Linux on one?
  • Reply 11 of 15
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Look at that!

    Linux on iPod

    Reading...
  • Reply 12 of 15
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    "We have a winner!" ... ? That's ****ing it? My girlfriend spent 3 and 1/2 hours last night playing solitaire on her iPod because she was sure that it sould do some great, amazing thing. She got me playing it. Just now I went and found her playing it again, and upon getting frustrated hands it to me. I start a game, after I make 4 moves I'm already farther than ever before. I beat it, and it says "We have a winner!" ... ? I was hoping for at least the moving arches of rows or cards, like in the solitaire from Windows 3.1. Damn it. Oh well, it's still an iPod8)
  • Reply 13 of 15
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Barto

    I've won twice.



    There is something very wrong with the deck though. The order the cards are in seems to not be right. And I once got "K K 6" when I had 3 kings already on the board. The iPod 2.0 software is very buggy. It's basically still in beta form, it's not even feature complete yet. Where's my note recorder Apple!? And USB 2.0 support!?



    Barto




    Couldn't K also mean Knight?
  • Reply 14 of 15
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by JLL

    Couldn't K also mean Knight?





    does the ipod have chess on it too...?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    jlljll Posts: 2,709member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by _ alliance _

    does the ipod have chess on it too...?



    Sorry, that would be a J on an English card : (the Jack is a knight though)
Sign In or Register to comment.