FCP 4, coming June 14

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
http://macnn.com/news/19662

Looks like it doesn't require the 970 after all.

It seems like Apple is building up a lot of hype, and getting a lot of releases out of the way, before WWDC. Yikes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

http://macnn.com/news/19662

Looks like it doesn't require the 970 after all.

It seems like Apple is building up a lot of hype, and getting a lot of releases out of the way, before WWDC. Yikes.

I'd say they're getting a lot of releases out the door. That's 7 in the past two weeks (if you count the Apache 2.0 patch for OS X server due out sometime Real Soon Now).

What's going to be left for WWDC? And then MWNY? Wow. iTMS for Windows will likely come out in July at MWNY (with a possible public beta at WWDC), but that's all I can think of right now. Cool. I like surprises.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Now, would it not be great if they optimized it a bunch and it ran TERRIFIC on a G4, much better than before? And let people use for a week or two or however long before WWDC and then roll out the 970? And totally blow away the G4? Wait a sec. I am just dreaming. This is Apple we are talking about.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    well i dont know about MWNY because isnt it true that steve jobs isnt going to be there, there are much less exhibits and that its falling apart, i read it somewhere the other day
  • Reply 4 of 9
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

well i dont know about MWNY because isnt it true that steve jobs isnt going to be there, there are much less exhibits and that its falling apart, i read it somewhere the other day

It's true that it's floundering right now, but on the other hand the keynote is to be given by an "unknown" Apple executive. Now, maybe the Apple execs just haven't gotten around to drawing lots, and maybe Apple wants to see what happens at and after WWDC before deciding whether to send Phil or Steve (or Fred!).

I'm pretty sure that if they knew it was going to be a Philnote, there wouldn't be any secrecy about it.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

iTMS for Windows will likely come out in July at MWNY...

What? That's a little soon. I doubt it will be released in July.

*puts $5 bill on table.*

Not gunna happen.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

What? That's a little soon. I doubt it will be released in July.

*puts $5 bill on table.*

Not gunna happen.

I'm always up for a little friendly wager. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    myahmacmyahmac Posts: 222member
    no way!!!!!!!!!!!! they were hiring for a lead just not too long ago. If they didnt even have someover the project less than a month ago what makes you think it will be done. javascript:smilie('') i See that five and raise you ten.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    netromacnetromac Posts: 863member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

i

Hmm, shouldn't that be "we" instead
  • Reply 9 of 9
    wolfeye155wolfeye155 Posts: 425member
    That's my birthday!