Half-Life 2 for MAC

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Please help and support sign the Half-Life 2 for Mac Petition if you're interested in getting the game on the Mac! Or even if you don't care for games, to help out those of us who want it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/hl2mac/petition.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i'll sign, but i doubt valve or sierra give a rat's ass. they pulled the first half-life after a lot of development and a few circulated betas... like pulling it off the market was going to recoup their losses in R&D. yeah, right...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    The main reason why Half-Life was never released for Mac was because it used proprietary PC-only DirectX net code which would have meant that Mac users would not be able to connect to x86 servers and vice versa. Due to this, Sierra/Valve believed that it wouldn't sell and canceled the Mac port.

With Half-Life 2, on the otherhand, it has been stated that there is no technical reason why it could not be ported to the Mac; I doubt they would have made the same mistake by using proprietary net code this time.

Hopefully they'll release Team Fortress 2 for Mac as well (whenever they actually finish it...).

*signed*
  • Reply 3 of 9
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    lol, with mine, 20 signatures total. great.
  • Reply 4 of 9

Whatever happened to that Animé TV show petition? They said they'd do it if they got a certain number of signatures, and they did. The following day it doubled, but I don't think they ever went through with it.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    29-

rooooog

although you'll all probably have to get a new 970 mac to play it anyway
  • Reply 6 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Hmm...didn't aspyr(or was it macplay) already secure the rights to this port? I could have sworn I read a press release stating that Half-life 2 WILL come to mac, sierra/valve are sure of it.

I don't know.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    cybermonkeycybermonkey Posts: 604member
    With aspyr now working with transgaming to bring those lovely hybrid cds back i reckon we will eventually get HL2, though it may be sometime after the pc version.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    jeffx342jeffx342 Posts: 47member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

i'll sign, but i doubt valve or sierra give a rat's ass. they pulled the first half-life after a lot of development and a few circulated betas... like pulling it off the market was going to recoup their losses in R&D. yeah, right...

It doesn't hurt to try
  • Reply 9 of 9
    jeffx342jeffx342 Posts: 47member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Imergingenious

29-

rooooog

although you'll all probably have to get a new 970 mac to play it anyway

I dont know, I remember Tokyo 2001 macworld running Doom 3 in a very early stage and I must say I was impressed.