is there an iMic compatible multitrack audio recorder for OS X?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
see the subject. I bought an iMic figuring that it would operate just like any other audio interface but I tried it in my copy of Cubase SX and I guess there are no ASIO Drivers or whatever and that this is a problem that also exists in Digital Performer. Anyone know of a multitrack recording software that will work with this thing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Macromedia's obsolete SoundEdit, I guess. Hasn't been updated since the middle nineties, I guess, but works in Classic if you can get a copy. Will give you eight tracks. Or Sound Studio, working natively in X, but only two tracks. Look around on Versiontracker, I believe there are some alternatives. Are you sure it don't work with Cubase, though? Seems kind of weird...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    pippinpippin Posts: 91member
    I've tried many many times and it will not recognize the iMic as an input source, only as a place to send output. I wish it would work I feel ripped off.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    SoundEdit was a great little program . . .its a shame that it was not upgraded at all

I still use it at school where I have to do OS-9 stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    buergibuergi Posts: 1member
    http://macware.erehwon.org/Audio-Midi.html under this links you found one program. Werner
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Pippin: Here's something I learned about the iMic: if you're using a real Mic then there's gonna be a slight delay when recording with a track you already recorded. There's software available for about $70 US that can reduce that.....