Earliest the next Powermac's on my desk

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Would be when?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    commoduscommodus Posts: 270member
    If people knew, they would tell you. Very few (if any) of the forum-goers have connections that could give you anything vaguely resembling a definitive answer. You might as well as "what's the meaning of life?"

Besides, you should likely have asked this in one of the other threads (such as "Wwdc" or "AI gets in on the action"), as discussions along a similar line are happening in those threads.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolmac

Would be when?

To take a quote from Apple when the G4 was shown at WWDC 99 : "The G4 will be shipping in 2000" ..so... "The 970 will be shipping in 2004"

Had to get this in before the locksmith came...
  • Reply 3 of 11
    What a stupid thread...

Unfortunately, I dont have a key to lock it..
  • Reply 4 of 11
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Yeah, in hindsight I guess it is a stupid question.

It's just that I want a new Powermac, and I guess it's just frustrating that I'd like to get one now but I have to wait until Apple releases the next Powermacs.

Doesn't make sense to buy a dual 1.42 when the new ones are "somewhat" around the corner.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Week of July 7th.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    independance day...

freedom from lagging specs

freedom from the G4

g

special holiday event at all the apple stores
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolmac

Yeah, in hindsight I guess it is a stupid question.

It's just that I want a new Powermac, and I guess it's just frustrating that I'd like to get one now but I have to wait until Apple releases the next Powermacs.

[evil-mod-voice]

The thing is, it isnt a stupid question.. Just use one of the zillion other 970 threads for that question..

[/evil-mod-voice]

• Reply 8 of 11
    i, fredi, fred Posts: 125member
    If the new 970's are announced on Day N, then the soonest you'll have one on your desk will be:

N + number of days it takes for you to order one + number of days Apple initially announces it will take to ship + number of days it will take for Apple to admit that it's shipping estimates were too agressive + number of days Apple blames on component delays on 3rd parties + some number X that represents the random inconsistencies in the fluctuations caused in the space-time continuum by the RDF + some number of days lost by Apple who find some other new and exciting way to screw up a product launch

• Reply 9 of 11
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    You forgot time it takes for UPS to lose the order.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    bluesignsbluesigns Posts: 315member
    for the record:

i think it's perfectly valid question given Apple's history of dragging their feet following some announcements.

i would say 6 weeks after the announcement you could hope toi have whatever it is they announce - if you order it the day they announce it.

i wouldn't bet any large amounts of cash on immediate or unconstrained availability.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Die! New 970 threads...DIE!