Uploading Images from Web to Coolpix

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have my " Olde faithful " Nikon Coolpix 700 which runs like a dream.. I use it to download images to my mac.

Sometimes i sees little picsees from the web that i'd like to carry in my Coolpix..

I'd like to drag them to my card & load them so that I can play them back on the little screen of my Coolpix.

I've been told this is possible....?

I have a " DATAFAB KWCF-USBG card reader...

So any tricksy ideas.....

\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    It most likely is. Just check the file format that your coolpix save photos in (most likely .jpg) and then make sure the image is a resolution that the camera is able to take photos in. Then put the images into the folder that it saves the pictures in. If it is not done this way, you won't be able to see them for sure.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jesuspower

It most likely is. Just check the file format that your coolpix save photos in (most likely .jpg) and then make sure the image is a resolution that the camera is able to take photos in. Then put the images into the folder that it saves the pictures in. If it is not done this way, you won't be able to see them for sure.

Yep, Tried that J-P.

Dragging them off Explorer to desktop converts them to "miniature thumb" j-peg files. They need to be reconverted to basic nikon coolpix file, to be uploaded to card...

Come on Guys....I thought mac users were geniuses...except for me that is... \
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Does "ctrl-click -> save image as..." have the same result?

(sorry, I'd test it, but sadly I am not running the same OS as you are.)