iTunes exclusive track. Ex-G-n-R guy's with Scott Weiland

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Set Me Free - From THE HULK Performed by: Scott Weiland, Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, and Dave Kushner...

If You liked G-N-R's first CD "Appetite For Destruction" you should hear this track. It's an Exclusive featured from the iTunes Music store. Awesome. A nice video with accompanies it. You should check it out .

It's great stuff!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    haunebuhaunebu Posts: 40member
    I'll get out my Camaro & hair spray.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by haunebu

I'll get out my Camaro & hair spray.

• Reply 3 of 16
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Slash is the man. I almost named my cat Slash.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    rara Posts: 623member
    The band's name is going to be Velvet Revolver. Yup.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I thought Lies, Lies, Lies was the first G&R album.

It had "Patience" their first popular song.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ra

The band's name is going to be Velvet Revolver. Yup.

I new that yesterday when I heard it on the radio the first time but could not remember the name.

LIES, LIES, LIES? is that GNR Lies? GNR Lies came out in 1988. Appetite came out in 87... LIES, LIES, LIES could be a name of a rough Demo, or something before 87, but not many band's look back on demo's fondly. They are usually not a mature draft of quality content.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

I thought Lies, Lies, Lies was the first G&R album.

It had "Patience" their first popular song.

Wait a second????

Quote:

"Patience" their first popular song.

I thought welcome to the jungle was their first hit???
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Ok, I was wrong. Man, I could have sworn lies was first.

According to CDNOW it was In fact it was an small eight track deal to tide fans over until the "official" second album.

It did, however, have "Patience" on it, which is a kick-ass tune.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    They already had somewhat of a connection because before G N' R Axl was in a band called LA Guns that was fairly well known in 'the scene'. G N' R Lies was the name of the album you're thinking of, but on the case it said LIES LIES LIES so that's what a lot of people knew it as, but I call it "Axl Whistles".
  • Reply 10 of 16
    My copy of GN'R Lies says 1989 and Appetite says 1987.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    Realizing it was a crime I didn't own that song (patience), I just popped on over to the ITMS and bought it!
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Quote:

Realizing it was a crime I didn't own that song (patience), I just popped on over to the ITMS and bought it!

Yes, but did you listen to the new song by Velvet Revolver, and or buy it?
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Yes, but did you listen to the new song by Velvet Revolver, and or buy it?

I haven't, is it good? I do like STP....

Also, probably no one cares but I remember why I thought Lies was first.

In '87, when appetite for destruction came out, I was in 4th grade, not really a big music listening time for me!

I remember first hearing G'NR in sixth grade, which would be 89/90 so Patience was what was all over the radio.

I wanted to buy Appetite for Destruction (I think I thought Patience was on that album) but my mother wouldn't let me!

Which is probably good, as while it's a great album, it includes lines such as "Panties 'round you knees, your ass in debris" which probably aren't too appropriate for a 12 year old.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

I haven't, is it good? I do like STP....

Also, probably no one cares but I remember why I thought Lies was first.

In '87, when appetite for destruction came out, I was in 4th grade, not really a big music listening time for me!

I remember first hearing G'NR in sixth grade, which would be 89/90 so Patience was what was all over the radio.

I wanted to buy Appetite for Destruction (I think I thought Patience was on that album) but my mother wouldn't let me!

Which is probably good, as while it's a great album, it includes lines such as "Panties 'round you knees, your ass in debris" which probably aren't too appropriate for a 12 year old.

I see your point.., and yes it's a great song...
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Looking back I can understand why my mother flipped her %#@! when I came home with Slayer's South Of Heaven when I was like 11.

I listened to the Velvet Revolver song, but I wasn't that impressed with it. I thought the guitar lines were amazing, but I'm afraid that may have been only because I knew it was Slash. It was a decent song, but I'm still saddened by it a little, that and the thing with Axl recording another G N' R album with out all the right members. I saw the site for their new stuff, it sounds horrible, and all their merchandise and the site is designed horribly.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Looking back I can understand why my mother flipped her %#@! when I came home with Slayer's South Of Heaven when I was like 11.

I listened to the Velvet Revolver song, but I wasn't that impressed with it. I thought the guitar lines were amazing, but I'm afraid that may have been only because I knew it was Slash. It was a decent song, but I'm still saddened by it a little, that and the thing with Axl recording another G N' R album with out all the right members. I saw the site for their new stuff, it sounds horrible, and all their merchandise and the site is designed horribly.

I think was 20 when SOH came out. I can't remember, but I did buy it the day it came out though. I was never a big G'n'R fan, but I did like that first CD. I thought the rest were a total loss. The thing that attracted me to the Velvet Revolver song was the fact had that same rough edge that says I'm full of angst, but I'll kill it with anger, and aggression, so FTW. That's what G'n'R's first CD had that was lost on their later work.

The Velvet Revolver song has Slash playing like he's been main lining that FTW attitude on a two year binge. And everybody knows Scott Weiland never let's up. That guy comes out of jail in drag. Talk about scary.