apple-sevice europe

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've bougth my powerbook 12" about a week ago in Germany (cancom). On the first day the key "5" fell of my keyboard. So I called cancom to see what I should do. They told me I could go to any apple-reseller in europe, so I went to my local apple-store in Portugal. Here I was told that they would have to send the whole powerbook in for ONE key. This would take about 3 to 4 weeks.

Is there a faster way to get this keyboard (or part of it?) replaced? Does anyone know if Apple does send replacement keyboards to their resellers, or is my local Apple-store just an exception?

any help would be appreciated,

Thank you

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    If the little scissor mechanism itself isn't broke, you should be able to get it back on there yourself. It's a pain with laptop keyboards, but it's doable.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by future-ex-pc-user

Is there a faster way to get this keyboard (or part of it?) replaced? Does anyone know if Apple does send replacement keyboards to their resellers, or is my local Apple-store just an exception?

Apple shops are allowed to replace keyboards - he should order a keyboard and replace it when he gets it (it takes two minutes).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spart

If the little scissor mechanism itself isn't broke, you should be able to get it back on there yourself. It's a pain with laptop keyboards, but it's doable.

I've allready tried to put the key on there again, but the mechanism is broken, so it fell off again.

My problem is that there is no "real" apple-store in Portugal, they are "just authorized resellers". That's what they told me in that store. It seems, I'll have to try my luck in another applestore :-).