powerbook g4 17" power requirements

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
i'm traveling to bora bora tahiti where my hotel room will accept 110/220v. I have a powerbook 17" with the world travel kit form apple... which is just a series of plug interfaces.. no power converters..

i guessing that 110/220v is compat. with my stock powerbook 17".. let me know if i'm wrong and need to buy a converter!!!

tks

bm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    a laptops power supply usually converts between 110 and 220 without any trouble. Some old ones might be 110 or 220 only but my ibook can accept both. I have usued it in America (110) Australia (220) and Korea (low quality 220).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by AsLan^

a laptops power supply usually converts between 110 and 220 without any trouble. Some old ones might be 110 or 220 only but my ibook can accept both. I have usued it in America (110) Australia (220) and Korea (low quality 220).

i looked for the specs on apples site but couldnt find anything that confirmed it.. i'm 95% sure your right about the compat. When i'm in Bora Bora i'll be SOL if it doesnt work!!.. and i leave next monday!

Can anyone else confirm this or at least point me to the tech spec that says it'll work with 110/220 !

tks all

bm
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gargoylegargoyle Posts: 660member
    Are you really gonna tell me that you couldnt find this on your own?

1.) Goto: www.apple.com/uk/ (omit the uk bit if you like!)

2.) Click Hardware from the top.

3.) Click on the image of the power book, i think 12" is the current one.

4.) Click tech specs.

5.) Click on the PowerBook G4 17" pdf link.

6.) Wait for preview to open.

7.) Click zoom twice so the text is readable

8.) View the third column on page 1, towards the bottom of that coloum you will see Electrical and Environmental Requirements

9.) Read the second bullet point in that section.

10.) Enjoy your hols....

PS, we all want a nice digi postcard
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gargoyle

Are you really gonna tell me that you couldnt find this on your own?

1.) Goto: www.apple.com/uk/ (omit the uk bit if you like!)

2.) Click Hardware from the top.

3.) Click on the image of the power book, i think 12" is the current one.

4.) Click tech specs.

5.) Click on the PowerBook G4 17" pdf link.

6.) Wait for preview to open.

7.) Click zoom twice so the text is readable

8.) View the third column on page 1, towards the bottom of that coloum you will see Electrical and Environmental Requirements

9.) Read the second bullet point in that section.

10.) Enjoy your hols....

PS, we all want a nice digi postcard

tks for taking the time to reply.. i did look at that pdf first before ever starting this thread. Not being an electrical guy i was not 100% sure that meant what i thought it meant.. hence.. this thread!

tks

bm