PhotoShop 8???

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
From what I've been hearing, Adobe was planning on releasing PS 8 this Nov. Suprising since 7 is still relatively new and well received. Could this new PS have been designed to take advantage of the 970 chip??? What advantages could it have to it's predecessor?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    First of all, Photoshop 8 will be OS X only. This is *confirmed*, damn-it. It alone will help Adobe optimize it for OS X by throwing away their patches for OS 9. Then it will add some more vector functionality. It will adopt certain 64-bit APIs or at least will use OS X memory manager rather than Adobe's workarounds for huge scratch files. It will be able to produce really large files. I mean really large. The key, however, will be speed.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by costique

First of all, Photoshop 8 will be OS X only. This is *confirmed*, damn-it. It alone will help Adobe optimize it for OS X by throwing away their patches for OS 9. Then it will add some more vector functionality. It will adopt certain 64-bit APIs or at least will use OS X memory manager rather than Adobe's workarounds for huge scratch files. It will be able to produce really large files. I mean really large. The key, however, will be speed.

Where did you learn this?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    That was half common sense and half optimistic thinking. Not knowledge.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

Hmm. Okay.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

You and costique are the same person eh?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Hopefully they address obnoxiously large and noncollapsable effects menu. Anyone know if there are plans to all better rasterization qualities to Illustrator 11 (i.e. strong/crisp/smooth...) It would help a lot when it comes to building webpages/drafts in illustrator.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

You and costique are the same person eh?

If his profile information is accurate, he lives a few thousand miles away from me. I'm from Germany.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    *bump*

those interested in hearing about InDesign 3 might want to keep their eyes open on this conference:

http://www.atypi.org/40_conferences/...l?presentid=58

it doesn't say what adobe app its refering to, but as i know the people speaking and who is attending (and have been to past conferences), i am 99.9% sure its ID3
  • Reply 9 of 9
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

Where did you learn this?

I read it too, it was a news bulletin on MacCentral last month or something like that

EDIT: Here it is - http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/...toshoprelease/