Cocoa Gestures

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Wow. Has anyone else tried this thing? It took like 2 minutes to figure out how to program it and it's pretty cool. Check it out. http://www.bitart.com/CocoaGestures.html

A hint: when creating a gesture, make sure you click in the field you want to assign. Like if you want to change a function, click in that area, if you want to assign the gesture, click in that area. Clear as mud, but it'll make sense if you try it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    OK, I have USB Overdrive to run my (cough) MS 5 button mouse. It says it should be compatible with USB overdrive, but I'm getting absolutely no success. I can't even set up my own gestures or use thiers.

Any suggestions?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

OK, I have USB Overdrive to run my (cough) MS 5 button mouse. It says it should be compatible with USB overdrive, but I'm getting absolutely no success. I can't even set up my own gestures or use thiers.

Any suggestions?

How far can you get? I take it you see the "cocoa gestures"item in the app menu. Then can you add a gesture? I mean can you get to the point where you see 3 dashes if you created one?

Look here:

See the three dashes at the bottom? Can you get those? Double click on the 3 dashes on the right and you get this:

Pick the menu item that you want and that box should close.

Then, you double click on the dashes on the left and you get this:

Make sure you are selecting the modifier first and then the button you want to work.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    It's cool, but hard to remember all the gestures. I also hate having to enable it in every application.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Yeah, I can do all that, but it doesn't respond to my mouse... What I mean is that I can set everything up, but when it comes time to actually enter the gesture, I hold down the middle mouse button (the wheel) - but it won't respond. Moreover, if I try any of the original commands that are already programmed, there is absolutely no response.

Aha! I just looked more closely at your screen shots and realized you are using the modifier only setting. If I do that, it works, but I don't want to use two hands... that kinda defeats the purpose, no?

Any ideas for getting it to work with my middle mouse button?