White cops shoot unarmed black man 8 times in the back

1234568»

Comments

• Reply 141 of 150
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

that may be the case, but what you just described is the quintessential example of racism. because they're white, blank is probably true.

No, I didn't. Go back are re-read what I wrote. I make no claims about the cops' race for a reason.
  • Reply 142 of 150
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sondjata

somebody needs to qualify that black on black racism and provide thier functioning definition of racism as opposed to Prejudice.

How's this...

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Now don't make me get all one drop on you. You know there are continual ongoing discussions in the black community about what is black. Is mulatto black? How about creole? Are you colored or are you black?

How did your daddy and granddaddy take their coffee? Did they take it with some cream?

Please understand Sond that not all societies view race as being exclusively about skin color. If you suggested to someone who was Filipino that they were the same race as a Cambodian, you might have a fight on your hands.

I'm also sorry if the coffee statement comes across as offensive at all. When one black says it to another, it can be construed as offensive. I am not black, but you asked for a clarification of what I meant regarding racism with black on black.

Nick
  • Reply 143 of 150
    sondjatasondjata Posts: 308member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

How's this...

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Now don't make me get all one drop on you. You know there are continual ongoing discussions in the black community about what is black. Is mulatto black? How about creole? Are you colored or are you black?

How did your daddy and granddaddy take their coffee? Did they take it with some cream?

Please understand Sond that not all societies view race as being exclusively about skin color. If you suggested to someone who was Filipino that they were the same race as a Cambodian, you might have a fight on your hands.

I'm also sorry if the coffee statement comes across as offensive at all. When one black says it to another, it can be construed as offensive. I am not black, but you asked for a clarification of what I meant regarding racism with black on black.

Nick

NO offence taken. I asked a question and got an answer. the answer was actually what I expected. I'll just suffice it to say that I don't ascribe to that particular definition of racism. But that would be a whole other thread and a conversation I'm just not going to go into on this board.
  • Reply 144 of 150
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Well some of us still do what you say, but we still get assaulted by the police. And we're not even black.

I'm sure you did something to ask for it, like, for instance, act the way toward him that you do here? That's gotta be worth a half-beating, at the least.

Hey, I kid because I love!
  • Reply 145 of 150
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I'm sure you did something to ask for it, like, for instance, act the way toward him that you do here? That's gotta be worth a half-beating, at the least.

Doh!

I'll say twice I 'deserved' my beating, and twice I had learned my lesson but still received a beating.
  • Reply 146 of 150
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Fair enough. Appreciate your candor

We ALL deserve an ass-whipping every now and then. Well, not me. But the rest of you, certainly.