Go See "Dumb & Dumberer" this weekend !!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Seriously.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    funny?
  • Reply 2 of 20
    fair disclosure=didn't you work on this movie?
  • Reply 3 of 20
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I wish I could, but I'd rather stick with my original plans to stick red hot needles into my eyes while soaking my feet in sulfuric acid.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    fun?
  • Reply 5 of 20
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    fair disclosure=yes, but don't let that stop you~

fun=yes, but more fun stuff was cut...you'll have to wait on DVD
  • Reply 6 of 20
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'll probably see it, just because. The original movie (Carrey and Daniels) is the ONE movie that I can just get the uncontrollable cackles while watching. OMG, that is the funniest, silliest movie ever and even though I've seen it a ton of times (ALWAYS on TV...USA, TNT, TBS, WGN, etc.), I'll still laugh out loud every single time.

The previews to this seem faithful to the idiocy and goofiness of the original!

Everytime I see Carrey in that dream sequence (kung-fu fighting the waiter, lighting his fart amongst the Aspen yuppies, pulling up Lauren Holly's skirt while giving her a hug, etc.), I just lose it!

"Samsonite...I was WAY off!"

And when he tells Harry that they need to be careful and conserve their money and be smart with how they spend it...then cut to the next scene and Carrey is walking down the sidewalk with the giant foam cowboy hat, bo-bo paddle and armful of other useless crap. Oh man...
  • Reply 7 of 20
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I'll probably see it, just because. The original movie (Carrey and Daniels) is the ONE movie that I can just get the uncontrollable cackles while watching. OMG, that is the funniest, silliest movie ever and even though I've seen it a ton of times (ALWAYS on TV...USA, TNT, TBS, WGN, etc.), I'll still laugh out loud every single time.

The previews to this seem faithful to the idiocy and goofiness of the original!

Everytime I see Carrey in that dream sequence (kung-fu fighting the waiter, lighting his fart amongst the Aspen yuppies, pulling up Lauren Holly's skirt while giving her a hug, etc.), I just lose it!

"Samsonite...I was WAY off!"

the first one was great because of Carrrrey (and Daniels) though. This one doesn't got 'm. i'm very sceptikal.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    Yeah....if you go in expecting it to be as good as the one you love then you're going to be really disappointed...guess it works that way with any movie really. Like, how can any of those new Star Trek movies compete with Wrath of Kahn? They CAN'T because it's the best!

So, like, if you don't blow your expectations up too much then you might just have fun. The boys do a good job.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    rara Posts: 623member
    I won't see it... not even a rental. Doesn't have Jim Carrey or Jeff Daniels... \
  • Reply 10 of 20
    maybe they should have called it something else then, i mean it's going to get compared, if everyone leaving the theatre is shaking their heads saying "man it wasn't as good as the carrey/daniels one" then week two won't be to hot.

i really liked the whale trek movie.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

plus the first one was a farrelly bros.

they didn't do this one did they? that would be a different thing altogether.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    No, the rights were bought off of the F-boys. Directed by the man who directed all the Billy Crystal Oscar spots and a movie called Run Ronnie Run (hasn't been released yet)....good director, smart guy, good writer. I was disappointed that some things were cut, but they'll be back on the DVD as extras I suppose.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    Quote:

Go See "Dumb & Dumberer" this weekend !!

No thanks. And if it was the "in-flight" movie i would walk out...

\
  • Reply 14 of 20
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I wish I could, but I'd rather stick with my original plans to stick red hot needles into my eyes while soaking my feet in sulfuric acid.

• Reply 15 of 20
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    No thanks.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    When I checked last night, it had recieved a 15% rating at RottenTomatoes. I think I'll pass.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    the wizthe wiz Posts: 28member
    I saw it....There were a few really funny parts. But other than that, it pretty much sucked. The dude who wrote this was either a retard like the guys in the movie, or had to be stoned out of his mind...

Honestly, movies are getting suckier and suckier these days. Of all the movies I've seen in the past 2 months, the only that were actually worth my money were Finding Nemo and The Matrix Reloaded....at a steep $8 a ticket...
  • Reply 18 of 20
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Hollywood movies suck.

Foreign and Independent is the way to go.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Just from seeing the previews, it looks as if the guys playing the two main characters will probably try too hard at being funny, and make it not very good. I am not very interested in seeing the movie... but I'll see what people say. I seriously doubt it'll be anywhere near as funny as the original!
  • Reply 20 of 20
    Well, not too good a kickoff for the movie......it's virtually a public execution of the film over at www.rottentomatoes.com !!