"Move 30 degrees to the left and zoom"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm sick of watching movies and tv shows were a tech has been asked to zoom in on a certain portion of a surveillance tape or similar item and after a couple of keystrokes presto has digitally zoomed in 800x on a reflection from a window which contained an image of oh let's say a business card on a table. A couple of keystrokes later and the image of the business card has been reversed to compensate for reflection and all pixillation from such a zoom has been removed to leave am image of the business card worthy of a poster print job via iphoto. Convenient but wholly impossible.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by doyal

I'm sick of watching movies and tv shows were a tech has been asked to zoom in on a certain portion of a surveillance tape or similar item and after a couple of keystrokes presto has digitally zoomed in 800x on a reflection from a window which contained an image of oh let's say a business card on a table. A couple of keystrokes later and the image of the business card has been reversed to compensate for reflection and all pixillation from such a zoom has been removed to leave am image of the business card worthy of a poster print job via iphoto. Convenient but wholly impossible.

Anything is possible on a Mac...

But seriously, I get a kick out of seeing movies etc where some jerk is working in a darkroom processing black and white prints or films..

Usually there is a tussle with two actors throwing punches & suddenly it's Blazing inferno time !

All the trays are exploding into sheets of flame...

Don't know what they use to process their films but petrol is a shit developer....or is it fixer they knock over ? while they're swinging puches like nancy boys...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    My favorite "Oh please!" came in the movie Enemy of the State. Some of the government bad guys are looking at a surveillance camera tape and want to find out if something was dropped in a bag. They rotate the camera view around about 180 degrees to see another angle because someone was standing in the way. Funny...I didn't know you could do that with a SINGLE camera view.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Actually you would be very surprised just what big brother can do. You know the part in enemy of the state where he is talking about the 20 miles of underground computers processing phone conversations and all that crap? Thats all true.

My grandfather was an admiral in the navy.. I got some pretty scary stories about big brother.

EDIT: For got to say, That part in emeny of the state is such BS though, I got a good laugh from it to