New Product

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I posted this to the "Software" forum but have yet to recieve any feedback. So I thought I would post it here as well.

I am new to this forum and am hoping that someone has more info then me.

I have heard some discussion about a new company called "Core Pro?" I did a little research and found there website at www.coreproinc.com.

Some of the apple technicians at our school district are talking about it. Supposidely you can reboot your mac and it will come back completely restored.

Has anyone heard of the company or the product?

Please let me know.

Kaci

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    The link you provided doesn't work
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    They provide very limited info on their site, that kinda makes me suspicious. I use retrospect me self and it has proved to be a very solid backup solution. I don't know how this new system works but I think with journal data sets backing up will become easier in the years to come. They however slow down performance so I'll stick with retrospect for now.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for the info. Since I posted I've done a little more research. I wasn't brave enough to call on my own but one of the other technicians did. He said that they said in an educational environment the "Iron Gate" will be able to keep the computers in a perfect state all the time.

He did ask them for more info and they are supposidely going to send out a mailer to us. They said they are a brand new company and don't have much information yet.

Sounds like it would be great if it really works.

Kaci