No Steve Jobs at MacWorld

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Steve is not going to keynote MacWorld NY03, That can't be good. http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/06/16/joswiak/

IDG World Expo on Monday announced that Apple vice president of hardware product marketing Greg Joswiak will deliver the opening feature presentation at next month's Macworld CreativePro Conference & Expo in New York City

That kind of stinks, i always look forward to Steve Jobs's keynotes. Maybe this means that there will be no new big realeases since Apple will have one of the smallest booths they had ever had at MacWorld, and now no Steve.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

Steve is not going to keynote MacWorld NY03, That can't be good. http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/06/16/joswiak/

IDG World Expo on Monday announced that Apple vice president of hardware product marketing Greg Joswiak will deliver the opening feature presentation at next month's Macworld CreativePro Conference & Expo in New York City

That kind of stinks, i always look forward to Steve Jobs's keynotes. Maybe this means that there will be no new big realeases since Apple will have one of the smallest booths they had ever had at MacWorld, and now no Steve.

Steve is gonna do his keynote at the WWDC (WorldWideDevelopersConference) this year. That's where the new "G5s" and OS X "Panther" are gonna be revealed. Yes, it does kinda suck that he broke the tradition... but things change for the better...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    macusersmacusers Posts: 840member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

Steve is gonna do his keynote at the WWDC (WorldWideDevelopersConference) this year. That's where the new "G5s" and OS X "Panther" are gonna be revealed. Yes, it does kinda suck that he broke the tradition... but things change for the better...

i hope they reveal the new "G5's" it at WWDC
  • Reply 3 of 5
    aphelionaphelion Posts: 736member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

Yes, it does kinda suck that he broke the tradition... but things change for the better...

It sucks because this means we might be getting word of the next generation Macs a month early? I think it's great news. Joz's presence shows a definite shift to hardware announcements, otherwise a software wonk from Apple would be in this slot talking about Panther.

But a VP wouldn't be announcing availability of hardware, he will be showing features of something Steve has already announced.

Aphelion ...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aphelion

But a VP wouldn't be announcing availability of hardware, he will be showing features of something Steve has already announced.

my sentiments EXACTLY.

like i said in another thread, this announcement means that new, impressive, radically different hardware wll be unveiled (maybe not shipping, but definitely unveiled) at WWDC... *CONFIRMED*
  • Reply 5 of 5
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Not surprising as WWDC is really taking the place of MacWorld as the venue for new hardware this year. MWNY has been downgraded... common knowledge since the announcement was made several months ago. Some people need to pay attention!