Just got my 15 gb ipod - However....

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have just got my first Mac product, the ipod. I will be getting a 12" powerbook soon, well in september before I go to university, so at the moment I am using my wintel pc to transfer tunes to my ipod.

Firstly, I haven't had any problems with MusicMatch, I fact it is quite a good product.

However, when I play a tune that had some bass in, the headphones can't cope with it, making the sound unlistenable.

Is it just me of have other people had the same problem?

Please help,do I need to phone apple up to get replacement headphones?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    You could try different EQ settings to lower the bass. My iPod headphones have a little distortion from 10-25Hz but nothing like what you discribed.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I don't think another pair of iPod headphones will do the trck. They're described as having a range between 20Hz and 20kHz. So no matter how amny pairs you get, frequencies below that will get distorted, especially if the bass is 10Hz or less. I have a few songs like that, but the songs aren't completely destroyed. One thing you could do is see if MusicMatch can filter frequencies below 10Hz when importing the songs as MP3s. iTunes can, so maybe this won't be a problem soon enough. If there's a LOT of bass below the 20Hz level, and you can't filter out the deep bass, you should look into a better set of headphones, and they will probably cost about $50 to go below 16Hz.